Old September 26th 03, 11:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default traffic - is it me?

"Stimpy" wrote in message

He might have his failings but at least KL is a
Londoner who loves London and has a history
of working for Londoners. Of course, he's got
some things wrong but at least his head and heart
are in the right place.

And his face is in every place.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old September 26th 03, 11:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Cast_Iron" wrote in message ...
Edward Cowling London UK wrote:
In message ,
James Farrar writes
"Stimpy" wrote:

"Edward Cowling London UK"
wrote in message

Did I mention you can vote the ******* out of office in
2004 ?? :-)

But in favour of whom? Someone who parrots central
government party political dogma rather than *trying*
(successfully or otherwise) to do something for London

And what was actually in his manifesto...

Yeah how bloody sneaky is that eh ??

What politician has EVER done anything in his/her
manifesto. It's like announcing it on Channel 5 :-)

Don't panic - Livingstone is an odball, it'll never catch on. :-))

Road works have gone up again. Seems that Transco are now digging up
the roads. They still haven't organised it so that all the utilities
do their upgrades at the same time while the road is dug up. Would
also save them money as they could all pay together for the actually
digging and reconstruction (and thus would save us money too on our
utility bills).

In addition there are more buses, and buses cause far more congestion
(in my opinion) than they remove - well they do if you run too many.

And yes the traffic signals do seem to be "pigs" again - synchronised
to turn red as you reach them instead of green.
Old September 26th 03, 03:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Edward Cowling London UK wrote in message ...
Oh dear someone else has fallen for the con trick. Ken cares about Ken.
He is a self seeking loner who would sell his granny to get a bit more
power. Did you learn nothing from his back stabbing days at the GLC ?

And the difference between that and other politicians is....?

It is worthless ! Apart from annoying a few pigeons in Trafalgar square
and stopping Ken from doing any real damage the role is fairly
pointless. Mainly because the guy is an independent. We should have a

Err ok , so because the major is independent and doesn't have to follow the
party line he's pointless and you'd rather see someone who has to cowtow to
insert political party here headquarters. I'm sorry , but have you been
smoking something??

head of the GLA elected by members. Then give the role a few teeth and a
decent budget, so they don't have to resort to highway robbery.

What , you mean the congestion charge? Oh boo bloody hoo , lazy sods who can't
be bothered to get public transport into london get charged. Well tough bloody
luck for them and good on Ken!

B2003
Old September 26th 03, 08:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In addition there are more buses, and buses cause far more congestion
(in my opinion) than they remove - well they do if you run too many.

I wish those buses STAY in their own bus lanes!!!!

daveF

Old September 26th 03, 08:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"dave F" wrote the following in:

In addition there are more buses, and buses cause far more
congestion (in my opinion) than they remove - well they do if you
run too many.

I wish those buses STAY in their own bus lanes!!!!

I'm sure bus drivers wish people didn't park in them so that they could
stay in them.

--
message by Robin May, consumer of liquids
"A very large head, a head like a bear's"

Hacker is to computer as boy racer is to Ford Escort.

Old September 26th 03, 08:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , Stimpy

And what was actually in his manifesto...

Too bloody right! He might have his failings but at least KL is a
Londoner who loves London

In that case why did he have a place in Brighton and commute from there
(prior to becoming Mayor) ?

and has a history of working for Londoners.
Of course, he's got some things wrong but at least his head and heart
are in the right place.

What's the realistic alternative? A mainstream career party
politician who sees the London Mayorship as a short-term stepping
stone on his way up the ladder? The day the London Mayor role becomes
just another rung on the Westminster ladder is the day it becomes
worthless.

--
Mike Hughes, a Brighton *licensed* taxi driver.
At home in Tarring, Worthing, West Sussex, England

Need a taxi from Brighton Worthing Gatwick or Heathrow - please visit this
site*
www.gatwick-taxi.com

Old September 26th 03, 10:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Robin May wrote in message
"dave F" wrote the following in:

In addition there are more buses, and buses cause far more
congestion (in my opinion) than they remove - well they do if you
run too many.

I wish those buses STAY in their own bus lanes!!!!

I'm sure bus drivers wish people didn't park in them so that they could
stay in them.

True but what if there were no parked cars?

daveF

Old September 27th 03, 07:25 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Mike Hughes" wrote in message
In article , Stimpy

And what was actually in his manifesto...

Too bloody right! He might have his failings but at least KL is a
Londoner who loves London

In that case why did he have a place in Brighton and commute from there
(prior to becoming Mayor) ?

He's always been reported as living in his former constituenct, Brent East,
more Harlesden than Hove

Old September 27th 03, 08:50 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , dave F
writes

In addition there are more buses, and buses cause far more congestion
(in my opinion) than they remove - well they do if you run too many.

I wish those buses STAY in their own bus lanes!!!!

I must admit that after my car was stolen I took to the Buses and the
numbers are ludicrous. At 7.30am I can go out onto Green Lanes and there
are about 2 of us at the bus stop and 3 empty buses will turn up.

As decent transport infrastructure in the form of rail or underground
actually costs money Ken has decided to flood the roads with buses. This
isn't a sensible alternative to building long term solutions to London's
transport problems.

--
Edward Cowling London UK
Old September 27th 03, 11:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Edward Cowling London UK wrote:
In message , dave F
writes

In addition there are more buses, and buses cause far
more congestion (in my opinion) than they remove - well
they do if you run too many.

I wish those buses STAY in their own bus lanes!!!!

I must admit that after my car was stolen I took to the
Buses and the numbers are ludicrous. At 7.30am I can go out
onto Green Lanes and there are about 2 of us at the bus
stop and 3 empty buses will turn up.

As decent transport infrastructure in the form of rail or
underground actually costs money Ken has decided to flood
the roads with buses. This isn't a sensible alternative to
building long term solutions to London's transport problems.

So in the short, medium and long terms what is?