Old September 29th 03, 06:18 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Query on new SWR timetable

Gazing thoughtfully at 2 tph off peak, just like the days when I was at
school :-

I notice that the last stopping service of the day, the 00:09 Waterloo
to Guildford via Woking is "stops to set down only" after Surbiton.

Can anyone explain the advantage of this ?

I also note that "existing Staines to Weybridge service is withdrawn"
is timetable-speak for 2 tph rather than 1 tph off-peak, that make one
improvement anyway.

--
Mike D

Old September 29th 03, 09:30 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

In article 01c386b5$e00da8e0$LocalHost@default,
Michael R N Dolbear wrote:
I notice that the last stopping service of the day, the 00:09 Waterloo
to Guildford via Woking is "stops to set down only" after Surbiton.

Can anyone explain the advantage of this ?

If there is nobody left on the train when it gets to Woking it doesn't have
to go on to Guildford. Equally, it can leave each stationas soon as people
have alighted, instead of waiting for time.

--
|__||__)/ __/ \|\ ||_ | / Acorn StrongArm Risc_PC