London Banter

-   -   Google puts (some of) Britain on the map (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/7737-google-puts-some-britain-map.html)

John Rowland March 19th 09 11:05 AM

Google puts (some of) Britain on the map

Now I can look at the Nourish And Flourish building whenever I want...
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&...58307210031353

Batman55 March 19th 09 11:14 AM

"John Rowland" wrote in message

Now I can look at the Nourish And Flourish building whenever I want...
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&...58307210031353

Is that you sitting in the chair opposite?

MaxB

John Rowland March 19th 09 11:24 AM

Google puts (some of) Britain on the map

Batman55 wrote:
"John Rowland" wrote in
message ...

Now I can look at the Nourish And Flourish building whenever I
want...

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&...58307210031353

Is that you sitting in the chair opposite?

In the dry, yes. In the rain I use Google Maps.

Batman55 March 19th 09 01:21 PM

Google puts (some of) Britain on the map

"John Rowland" wrote in message
Batman55 wrote:
"John Rowland" wrote in
message ...

Now I can look at the Nourish And Flourish building whenever I
want...

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&...58307210031353

Is that you sitting in the chair opposite?

In the dry, yes. In the rain I use Google Maps.

I've just spotted my lawn needs cutting - thank God for Google Maps!

MaxB

John Rowland March 19th 09 02:54 PM

Google puts (some of) Britain on the map

Batman55 wrote:
"John Rowland" wrote in
message ...
Batman55 wrote:
"John Rowland" wrote in
message ...

Now I can look at the Nourish And Flourish building whenever I
want...

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&...58307210031353

Is that you sitting in the chair opposite?

In the dry, yes. In the rain I use Google Maps.

I've just spotted my lawn needs cutting - thank God for Google Maps!

My elderly neighbour is pictured gardening... I can use this to narrow down
the time the picture was taken to within 14 hours of the day on 364 days of
the year.

[email protected] March 20th 09 09:46 AM

Google puts (some of) Britain on the map

John Rowland wrote:

Batman55 wrote:
"John Rowland" wrote in
message ...
Batman55 wrote:
"John Rowland" wrote in
message ...

Now I can look at the Nourish And Flourish building whenever I
want...

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&...w45U7rMFYMwIg&

cbp=12,205.01818431390188,,0,-10.658307210031353

Is that you sitting in the chair opposite?

In the dry, yes. In the rain I use Google Maps.

I've just spotted my lawn needs cutting - thank God for Google Maps!

My elderly neighbour is pictured gardening... I can use this to narrow down
the time the picture was taken to within 14 hours of the day on 364 days of
the year.

Hmm! nice figure,she looks good naked.

Bod

Abo March 20th 09 12:15 PM

John Rowland wrote:
Now I can look at the Nourish And Flourish building whenever I want...
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&...58307210031353

Yeah, I earwigged this on the news this morning. Someone was complaining
that you can see into houses. They should keep it clean then

Steve Firth March 20th 09 12:46 PM

wrote:

Hmm! nice figure,she looks good naked.

Hmm they seem to have blurred out the breasts on the beach between Nice
and Cannes. Not that I've looked, mind.

[email protected] March 20th 09 01:02 PM

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&...3,-0.201745&sp...

Yeah, I earwigged this on the news this morning. Someone was complaining
that you can see into houses. They should keep it clean then

If someone doesn't want something in their house seen by the public
they should pull the curtains or stop bitching.

B2003

Batman55 March 20th 09 01:07 PM

wrote in message
On Mar 20, 1:15 pm, Abo wrote:
John Rowland wrote:
Now I can look at the Nourish And Flourish building whenever I want...
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&...3,-0.201745&sp...

Yeah, I earwigged this on the news this morning. Someone was complaining
that you can see into houses. They should keep it clean then

If someone doesn't want something in their house seen by the public
they should pull the curtains or stop bitching.

B2003

Lunchtime news says they have removed some pics because of faces NOT being
obscured. No mention of spring cleaning issues but I've been out with the
duster just in case they pass by again!

MaxB

BrianW[_2_] March 20th 09 01:13 PM

On 20 Mar, 13:46, (Steve Firth) wrote:
wrote:
Hmm! *nice figure,she looks good naked.

Hmm they seem to have blurred out the breasts on the beach between Nice
and Cannes. Not that I've looked, mind.

Has anyone checked to see whether a certain address in Catford is on
StreetView?

Toommy March 20th 09 01:17 PM

"Batman55" wrote in message
If someone doesn't want something in their house seen by the public
they should pull the curtains or stop bitching.

B2003

Lunchtime news says they have removed some pics because of faces NOT being
obscured. No mention of spring cleaning issues but I've been out with the
duster just in case they pass by again!

Saw the "Google Car" Yesterday so look hard at Brighton which is in the
next wave/release of towns for a good looking senior "retard" in a bright
red MX5 with the top down around Hove ;-)

John Rowland March 20th 09 01:17 PM

Steve Firth wrote:
wrote:

Hmm! nice figure,she looks good naked.

Hmm they seem to have blurred out the breasts on the beach between
Nice and Cannes. Not that I've looked, mind.

Some of the images in Amsterdam's RLD have been removed, for instance at 139
Oudezijds Voorburgwal.

[email protected] March 20th 09 01:25 PM

John Rowland wrote:

Steve Firth wrote:
wrote:

Hmm! nice figure,she looks good naked.

Hmm they seem to have blurred out the breasts on the beach between
Nice and Cannes. Not that I've looked, mind.

Some of the images in Amsterdam's RLD have been removed, for instance at 139
Oudezijds Voorburgwal.

One of the pics Google removed was of a bloke walking into a sex
shop....dirty chav.

Spit

Helen Deborah Vecht March 20th 09 01:28 PM

Google puts (some of) Britain on the map

BBC website has a shot of a chap taking a leak at a bus stop in Birmingham...

--
Helen Vecht
Edgware

[email protected] March 20th 09 01:36 PM

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:

BBC website has a shot of a chap taking a leak at a bus stop in Birmingham...

--
Helen Vecht
Edgware

That's normal practise in Brum.

Spit

Steve Firth March 20th 09 02:17 PM

wrote:

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:

BBC website has a shot of a chap taking a leak at a bus stop in
Birmingham...

That's normal practise in Brum.

It must have been in one of the posh parts. Squatting for a dump seems
to be normal in most parts of Brum.

Steve Firth March 20th 09 02:17 PM

Batman55 wrote:

Lunchtime news says they have removed some pics because of faces NOT being
obscured.

The odd thing is that in each of street scenes I've looked at adults'
faces tend to be blurred, childrens' faces are not.

Steve Firth March 20th 09 02:17 PM

BrianW wrote:

Has anyone checked to see whether a certain address in Catford is on
StreetView?

http://tinyurl.com/cw8brx
http://tinyurl.com/d856ag

One wonders what the purpose of the green box is? Perhaps we will be
told? It's also interesting to note that there seems to be a significant
time difference between the two images. One with scaffolding, one
without.

Eagle eyed readers might spot a similarity between that street scene and
this one:

http://tinyurl.com/cv2cfz

And between this:

http://tinyurl.com/c44qpj
and
http://tinyurl.com/clxxm3

Nice car BTW Duhg.

Tooomy March 20th 09 02:33 PM

Google puts (some of) Britain on the map

"Steve Firth" wrote in message
.. .
wrote:

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:

BBC website has a shot of a chap taking a leak at a bus stop in
Birmingham...

That's normal practise in Brum.

It must have been in one of the posh parts. Squatting for a dump seems
to be normal in most parts of Brum.

As opposed to squatting in a dump in Hampshire eh Filth ?

Roland Perry March 20th 09 03:25 PM

Google puts (some of) Britain on the map

In message , at 15:17:21 on
Fri, 20 Mar 2009, Steve Firth remarked:
The odd thing is that in each of street scenes I've looked at adults'
faces tend to be blurred, childrens' faces are not.

It seems to me that they blur things that look circular, including the
hubcaps on cars. Maybe a lot of childrens faces are more oval than their
algorithm can cope with.

Steve Firth March 20th 09 04:09 PM

Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at 15:17:21 on
Fri, 20 Mar 2009, Steve Firth remarked:
The odd thing is that in each of street scenes I've looked at adults'
faces tend to be blurred, childrens' faces are not.

It seems to me that they blur things that look circular, including the
hubcaps on cars. Maybe a lot of childrens faces are more oval than their
algorithm can cope with.

I'm sure I read somewhere that their "algorithm" consists of paying
people less than the minimum wage to stare at images on-line and click
on the faces.

Roland Perry March 20th 09 04:36 PM

Google puts (some of) Britain on the map

In message , at 17:09:49 on
Fri, 20 Mar 2009, Steve Firth remarked:
The odd thing is that in each of street scenes I've looked at adults'
faces tend to be blurred, childrens' faces are not.

It seems to me that they blur things that look circular, including the
hubcaps on cars. Maybe a lot of childrens faces are more oval than their
algorithm can cope with.

I'm sure I read somewhere that their "algorithm" consists of paying
people less than the minimum wage to stare at images on-line and click
on the faces.

And they blur out people's arms, car hubcaps and bits of roadsigns,
because they are bored?

Steve Firth March 20th 09 05:47 PM

Google puts (some of) Britain on the map

Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at 17:09:49 on
Fri, 20 Mar 2009, Steve Firth remarked:
The odd thing is that in each of street scenes I've looked at adults'
faces tend to be blurred, childrens' faces are not.

It seems to me that they blur things that look circular, including the
hubcaps on cars. Maybe a lot of childrens faces are more oval than their
algorithm can cope with.

I'm sure I read somewhere that their "algorithm" consists of paying
people less than the minimum wage to stare at images on-line and click
on the faces.

And they blur out people's arms, car hubcaps and bits of roadsigns,
because they are bored?

I suspect road signs because Google seems to have a policy (but a
strange one) on advertising. I've mostly been checking out cities in
Italy that I know well. On those street scenes the signs most frequently
blurred out are the ones that all Italian cities have advertising local
businesses. Also they seem to blur out logos of big corporates such as
KFC/McDonalds.

Hubcaps might be the same rule - I've seen some bizarre blurring on
vehicles such as headlights on BMWs and rear boot badges on some, but
not all, models.

Other features seem to be blurred by motion, either of the camera or of
the subject.

Roland Perry March 20th 09 06:16 PM

Google puts (some of) Britain on the map

In message , at 18:47:01 on
Fri, 20 Mar 2009, Steve Firth remarked:
And they blur out people's arms, car hubcaps and bits of roadsigns,
because they are bored?

I suspect road signs because Google seems to have a policy (but a
strange one) on advertising. I've mostly been checking out cities in
Italy that I know well. On those street scenes the signs most frequently
blurred out are the ones that all Italian cities have advertising local
businesses. Also they seem to blur out logos of big corporates such as
KFC/McDonalds.

You seem to have misunderstood what I said. A road sign is something
that says "No Waiting", or "High Street".

Hubcaps might be the same rule - I've seen some bizarre blurring on
vehicles such as headlights on BMWs and rear boot badges on some, but
not all, models.

I don't think I've ever seen a corporate logo on a hubcap.

Other features seem to be blurred by motion, either of the camera or of
the subject.

Or usually just a blob of inexplicable blurring.

NM March 20th 09 07:00 PM

On 20 Mar, 15:17, (Steve Firth) wrote:
BrianW wrote:
Has anyone checked to see whether a certain address in Catford is on
StreetView?

http://tinyurl.com/cw8brxhttp://tinyurl.com/d856ag

One wonders what the purpose of the green box is? Perhaps we will be
told? It's also interesting to note that there seems to be a significant
time difference between the two images. One with scaffolding, one
without.

Eagle eyed readers might spot a similarity between that street scene and
this one:

http://tinyurl.com/cv2cfz

And between this:

http://tinyurl.com/c44qpj
andhttp://tinyurl.com/clxxm3

Nice car BTW Duhg.

You are a little bit out, it's down the street a bit more, look for
the eco caravan in the front garden.

BrianW[_2_] March 20th 09 07:40 PM

BrianW wrote:
Has anyone checked to see whether a certain address in Catford is on
StreetView?

http://tinyurl.com/cw8brxhttp://tinyurl.com/d856ag

One wonders what the purpose of the green box is? Perhaps we will be
told?

I fear you may be a little confused. The green box isn't part of 119a
cough Road, it *is* 119a ahem Road. Gollum lives a trogolyditic
existence inside the box, occasionally emerging to infest this
newsgroup.

Steve Firth March 20th 09 08:01 PM

Google puts (some of) Britain on the map

NM wrote:

You are a little bit out,

I don't think so, look at the number on the door.

it's down the street a bit more, look for
the eco caravan in the front garden.

It's the same property that someone posed in front of with his bike +
trailer.

Steve Firth March 20th 09 08:01 PM

Google puts (some of) Britain on the map

Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at 18:47:01 on
Fri, 20 Mar 2009, Steve Firth remarked:
And they blur out people's arms, car hubcaps and bits of roadsigns,
because they are bored?

I suspect road signs because Google seems to have a policy (but a
strange one) on advertising. I've mostly been checking out cities in
Italy that I know well. On those street scenes the signs most frequently
blurred out are the ones that all Italian cities have advertising local
businesses. Also they seem to blur out logos of big corporates such as
KFC/McDonalds.

You seem to have misunderstood what I said.

You seem to have typed something intending one meaning while not
realising that it has several meanings.

A road sign is something
that says "No Waiting", or "High Street".

sigh In Italy road signs also say "Hotel Miramare 800M " or point to
other local businesses.

Hubcaps might be the same rule - I've seen some bizarre blurring on
vehicles such as headlights on BMWs and rear boot badges on some, but
not all, models.

I don't think I've ever seen a corporate logo on a hubcap.

RR,
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/169/3...5922bc.jpg?v=0

blue and white propellor,
http://www.bm1centre.com/images/Wheelparts/BMW%20WC.jpg

"Ford" in an oval,
http://www.hubcapzone.com/hubcaps/fa...ord/3292wc.jpg

Audi logo
http://www2.partstrain.com/images/photos/A261206.JPG

Or are you going to deny that these are corporate logos?

Other features seem to be blurred by motion, either of the camera or of
the subject.

Or usually just a blob of inexplicable blurring.

Some of it seems to be an artefact of stiching the 360 degree image
together.

Mortimer March 20th 09 08:02 PM

BrianW wrote:
Has anyone checked to see whether a certain address in Catford is on
StreetView?

http://tinyurl.com/cw8brxhttp://tinyurl.com/d856ag

One wonders what the purpose of the green box is? Perhaps we will be
told?

I fear you may be a little confused. The green box isn't part of 119a
cough Road, it *is* 119a ahem Road. Gollum lives a trogolyditic
existence inside the box, occasionally emerging to infest this
newsgroup.

Amazing that it's got enough room inside it for all his computers. And where
are the dead fridges that we were told littered his front garden?

How funny it would have been if there had been someone caught peeing or
puking outside, like in the examples on the BBC News page! Even better if
the Street View photo had caught a Certain Person blocking the pavement with
his bike trailer.

Steve Firth March 20th 09 08:12 PM

BrianW wrote:

I fear you may be a little confused. The green box isn't part of 119a
cough Road, it *is* 119a ahem Road. Gollum lives a trogolyditic
existence inside the box, occasionally emerging to infest this
newsgroup.

Oh probably, but the box is an innovation since the Google aerial photo
was made. Odd how every detail of that street scene matches to the
photograph that someone admits is of him, isn't it?

That umm would, on a balance of probabilities, make someone out to be a
liar, sorry "Liar!!!", wouldn't it?

Roland Perry March 20th 09 08:45 PM

Google puts (some of) Britain on the map

In message , at 21:01:26 on
Fri, 20 Mar 2009, Steve Firth remarked:
And they blur out people's arms, car hubcaps and bits of roadsigns,
because they are bored?

A road sign is something
that says "No Waiting", or "High Street".

sigh In Italy road signs also say "Hotel Miramare 800M " or point to
other local businesses.

I was looking at the UK maps, and road signs saying things like "No
Waiting" and "High Street".

Hubcaps might be the same rule - I've seen some bizarre blurring on
vehicles such as headlights on BMWs and rear boot badges on some, but
not all, models.

I don't think I've ever seen a corporate logo on a hubcap.

RR,
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/169/3...5922bc.jpg?v=0

blue and white propellor,
http://www.bm1centre.com/images/Wheelparts/BMW%20WC.jpg

"Ford" in an oval,
http://www.hubcapzone.com/hubcaps/fa...ord/3292wc.jpg

Audi logo
http://www2.partstrain.com/images/photos/A261206.JPG

Or are you going to deny that these are corporate logos?

Well, done. They are corporate logos.

However, the wheels I've seen blurred don't have logos on them.

Other features seem to be blurred by motion, either of the camera or of
the subject.

Or usually just a blob of inexplicable blurring.

Some of it seems to be an artefact of stiching the 360 degree image
together.

Yes, there are some of those as well.

AdeV March 20th 09 09:54 PM

On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 21:01:26 +0000, Steve Firth wrote:
NM wrote:

You are a little bit out,

I don't think so, look at the number on the door.

it's down the street a bit more, look for
the eco caravan in the front garden.

It's the same property that someone posed in front of with his bike +
trailer.

Well, I for one am disappointed.

Not only does the arch-anarchist live in a bog-standard semi, but he's
got single-glazed wood-framed windows as well. Not very "eco", Duhg.

It's far & away the tattiest house on the street too. Rather like its
owner.

--
Cheers!
Ade.

Steve Firth March 21st 09 12:14 AM

AdeV wrote:

Not only does the arch-anarchist live in a bog-standard semi, but he's
got single-glazed wood-framed windows as well. Not very "eco", Duhg.

It's a bog-standard council semi at that.

I caught a really dreaful old bunch of bull**** on Radio 4 last week. A
play about trying to achieve a zero emissions lifestyle. It was crap. It
also featured George Monbiot and a couple of other eco-mentalists
playing themselves.

Most of the scenarios were set up so that Monbiot et al could step in,
act smug, push their agenda and claim that XXX would save tonnes of
carbon per annum. However this is the sort of crap that Duhg believes.

Guess what single activity they condemned the most?

Retired people living alone at a distance from their family, hence using
up resources that could be used by an entire family. Monbio claimed that
old people living alone consume vastly more than their fair share of
resources. That sounds just like someone we know and barely tolerate.

In the play they forced the grandfather to go and live with his
children.

Paul - xxx March 21st 09 04:35 AM

Steve Firth wrote:

In the play they forced the grandfather to go and live with his
children.

I wonder of the mong looks after his grandparents?

--
Paul - xxx

'96/'97 Landrover Discovery 300 Tdi
Dyna Tech Cro-Mo comp

Toommy March 21st 09 06:33 AM

Google puts (some of) Britain on the map

"Paul - xxx" wrote in message
..

I wonder of the mong looks after his grandparents?

No speeka da englis argo?

Paul - xxx March 21st 09 06:42 AM

Google puts (some of) Britain on the map

Toommy wrote:

"Paul - xxx" wrote in message
... .

I wonder of the mong looks after his grandparents?

No speeka da englis argo?

Is that a different language?

So you now resort to poking fun at typos .. 'of' should have been 'if'.

Most normal people would have realised this and probably not commented
as it's generally coherent, unlike your usual inane (insane) ramblings
and incoherent drivel.

Carry on.

Doug March 21st 09 08:14 AM

BrianW wrote:
Has anyone checked to see whether a certain address in Catford is on
StreetView?

http://tinyurl.com/cw8brxhttp://tinyurl.com/d856ag

One wonders what the purpose of the green box is? Perhaps we will be
told? It's also interesting to note that there seems to be a significant
time difference between the two images. One with scaffolding, one
without.

Eagle eyed readers might spot a similarity between that street scene and
this one:

http://tinyurl.com/cv2cfz

And between this:

http://tinyurl.com/c44qpj
andhttp://tinyurl.com/clxxm3

Nice car BTW Duhg.

I have warned DB that you have published photos and the location of
his home on the internet, presumably as an aid to stalking him. I do
hope he takes appropriate action.

--
World Carfree Network
http://www.worldcarfree.net/

BrianW[_2_] March 21st 09 08:56 AM

Google puts (some of) Britain on the map

On 21 Mar, 07:42, "Paul - xxx" wrote:
Toommy wrote:

"Paul - xxx" wrote in message
... �.

I wonder of the mong looks after his grandparents?

No speeka da englis argo?

Is that a different language?

So you now resort to poking fun at typos .. 'of' should have been 'if'.

Most normal people would have realised this and probably not commented
as it's generally coherent, unlike your usual inane (insane) ramblings
and incoherent drivel.

I think you misunderstand Toomy's point. His complaint was not that
there was a typo - it is that there there were not enough typos. If
you'd written something like "I wonder fuxxin if when of mong the TFL
looks grandparents threatnin after his", with a suitable amount of
dribble running down our chin whilst doing so, the retarded **** might
have understood you. As you wrote it, however, Toomtard didn't stand
a chance of understanding.

BrianW[_2_] March 21st 09 08:57 AM

BrianW wrote:
Has anyone checked to see whether a certain address in Catford is on
StreetView?

http://tinyurl.com/cw8brxhttp://tinyurl.com/d856ag

One wonders what the purpose of the green box is? Perhaps we will be
told? It's also interesting to note that there seems to be a significant
time difference between the two images. One with scaffolding, one
without.

Eagle eyed readers might spot a similarity between that street scene and
this one:

http://tinyurl.com/cv2cfz

And between this:

http://tinyurl.com/c44qpj
andhttp://tinyurl.com/clxxm3

Nice car BTW Duhg.

I have warned DB that you have published photos and the location of
his home on the internet, presumably as an aid to stalking him. I do
hope he takes appropriate action.

Talking to yourself again, Mr Bollen? Perhaps you should contact
Google and ask them to remove that particular street scene?