Old April 14th 09, 09:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Is the teacup necessary?

In article
,
(MIG) wrote:

On Apr 14, 3:32*pm, James Farrar wrote:
wrote
om:

By changing at High St or Paddington to a Circle train, a same
platform interchange, this meant the only stairs to be negotiated
were at East Putney (since the King's Cross lift was installed).
Changing at Edgware Road far too often involves crossing the
footbridge and the requirement for that is unpredictable. Now it
will be mandatory much of the time. :-((

The claim is that such changes at Edgware Road will always be cross-
platform.

I presume this will be achieved by the following layout:

Plat 1: H&C/Teacup from Paddington to Baker Street
Plat 2: Teacup from Paddington terminate
Plat 3: Wimbleware from Paddington terminate
Plat 4: H&C/Teacup from Baker Street to Paddington

Possibly with platforms 2 and 3 the other way round; but either way,
passengers who wish to go HSK/NHG/Bayswater to Baker Street or beyond
will be able to know which type of terminating train to get for a
cross-platform.

Sounds like a new meaning of the word "always" of which I was previously
unaware. If I'm on a Wimbleware so either I have to change twice or always
use the footbridge at Edgware Road! In the other direction I have the same
problem for sure if platforms 2 and 3 are the other way round.

Is it still planned to stop half the Wimblewares at HSK off peak? If
so, the platform usage wouldn't be balanced or flexible if they were
still restricted as you suggest.

You mean this "improvement" involves cuts in the District service, too?
That's even worse if so.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Old April 14th 09, 11:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article
,
(Mr Thant) wrote:

(* including deliberately loitering while on the look out for the
two "brand new" carriages that were rebuilt from those lost on 7/7)

Oh, which car numbers are they?

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old April 15th 09, 10:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
(James Farrar) wrote:

wrote in
:

In article

,
(MIG) wrote:

[...]

then you're not on a Circle Line train.

Read what I said. I'm trying to get from East Putney to King's Cross via
the minimum number of stairs. At present I normally only need one
same-platform change, between High St and Paddington.

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old April 15th 09, 04:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Apr 14, 8:58 pm, Mr Thant
wrote:
On Apr 14, 5:51 pm, wrote:

Every afternoon day I have seen or used a train heading east from pl.
2; and about 50/50 arriving on pl.3 from the east in the morning.

I've never seen that, and I've spent a fair amount of time there*. I
was under the impression that the outer tracks where the through
platforms and the inner tracks were for terminating Wimblewares. I'll
have to pay closer attention in future.

(* including deliberately loitering while on the look out for the two
"brand new" carriages that were rebuilt from those lost on 7/7)

I arrived this a.m. peak Edgeware Road plat.3 on a westbound ... sorry
can't remember if it were a Circle or an H&C.

Didn't use it to leave this earlier afternoon as left office in
another direction and used the Bakerloo station.

--
Nick

Old April 15th 09, 07:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On Apr 15, 5:19*pm, wrote:
On Apr 14, 8:58 pm, Mr Thant
wrote:

On Apr 14, 5:51 pm, wrote:

Every afternoon day I have seen or used a train heading east from pl.
2; and about 50/50 arriving on pl.3 from the east in the morning.

I've never seen that, and I've spent *a fair amount of time there*. I
was under the impression that the outer tracks where the through
platforms and the inner tracks were for terminating Wimblewares. I'll
have to pay closer attention in future.

(* including deliberately loitering while on the look out for the two
"brand new" carriages that were rebuilt from those lost on 7/7)

I arrived this a.m. peak Edgeware Road plat.3 on a westbound ... sorry
can't remember if it were a Circle or an H&C.

Didn't use it to leave this earlier afternoon as left office in
another direction and used the Bakerloo station.

The only certain thing is that you wouldn't get a terminating train in
the outer platforms.
Old April 16th 09, 02:50 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in
:

In article ,
(James Farrar) wrote:

wrote in
:

In article

,
(MIG) wrote:

[...]

So in future you'll need two. Big deal.
Old April 16th 09, 06:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On Apr 16, 3:50*am, James Farrar wrote:
wrote om:

In article ,
(James Farrar) wrote:

wrote in
om:

In article
,
(MIG) wrote:

[...]

Er, no. His point was "same-platform" (or cross-platform would do)
but there will be no way of ensuring that, nor any way of knowing in
advance which platform one will go into at Edgware Road.

If the plan is still to terminate half the Wimbledons at HSK off peak,
more than half the terminators will be Teacups, so it's not likely
they'll always use the same platform.
Old April 16th 09, 06:24 AM posted to uk.transport.london

MIG wrote in news:80e3c4a8-2dbd-4d1d-beed-
:

Er, no. His point was "same-platform" (or cross-platform would do)
but there will be no way of ensuring that, nor any way of knowing in
advance which platform one will go into at Edgware Road.

Er, yes, assuming TfL aren't lying to us.
Old April 16th 09, 06:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On Apr 16, 7:24*am, James Farrar wrote:
MIG wrote in news:80e3c4a8-2dbd-4d1d-beed-
:

Er, no. *His point was "same-platform" (or cross-platform would do)
but there will be no way of ensuring that, nor any way of knowing in
advance which platform one will go into at Edgware Road.

Er, yes, assuming TfL aren't lying to us.

So which will have the guaranteed cross-platform interchange, the three
(?) per hour Wimbles or all the Teacups?

Walton-on-Thames railway station no longer a bus teacup. Michael R N Dolbear London Transport 1 September 1st 15 08:28 AM
teacup Roland Perry London Transport 43 March 20th 10 05:03 PM
Publicity about Circle Line going Teacup [email protected] London Transport 118 December 14th 09 05:17 PM
"Due to necessary engineering work...." K London Transport 6 March 29th 05 10:09 AM
Qualifications necessary to become a station rank taxi driver Oleg Kirov London Transport 4 July 7th 04 01:58 AM