Old October 7th 03, 01:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Caught driving on a bus lane by camera - what to do?

"Ken Livingstone" wrote in news:blsp7m
:

I have exempted you from any charge, and it is now cancelled.
You won't have to do anything, just forget about it and get on
with your life. You won't hear another word.
Hope that puts your mind at rest.
Ken.

Ken,
I'm not your greatest fan, but I think you should be warned that (according
to the message headers) John Prescott is sharing your IP address!
Take care.

Old October 7th 03, 05:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Basically, I would like to know what would be expecting me if I ignore the
fine.

A man, with a van threatening to take all your posessions unless you pay the
fine. Pay up before it increases, bus lanes are for Local buses, not cars.
Just OOI, are private coaches (or buses) allowed to use Bus Lanes
--
To reply direct, remove NOSPAM and replace with railwaysonline
For the Latest News, Information and Photos check out

Old October 7th 03, 06:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Bob Crowe" wrote in message

"Peter Wright" Overground wrote in message
"Ken Livingstone" wrote in news:blsp7m
:

I have exempted you from any charge, and it is now cancelled.
You won't have to do anything, just forget about it and get on
with your life. You won't hear another word.
Hope that puts your mind at rest.
Ken.

Ken,
I'm not your greatest fan, but I think you should be warned that

(according
to the message headers) John Prescott is sharing your IP address!
Take care.

Facist!

Is that someone with an irrational hatred of faces?

Old October 7th 03, 06:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Joe Patrick" typed

Basically, I would like to know what would be expecting me if I ignore the

fine.

A man, with a van threatening to take all your posessions unless you pay the
fine. Pay up before it increases, bus lanes are for Local buses, not cars.
Just OOI, are private coaches (or buses) allowed to use Bus Lanes

Not when the blue plate specifies 'local buses', otherwise AIUI they may.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old October 7th 03, 06:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 7 Oct 2003 18:34:47 +0100, "Joe Patrick"
wrote:

A man, with a van threatening to take all your posessions unless you pay the
fine. Pay up before it increases, bus lanes are for Local buses, not cars.
Just OOI, are private coaches (or buses) allowed to use Bus Lanes

Depends.

If the bus symbol on the bus lane sign has the word 'local' on it,
coaches are banned.

Otherwise they are permitted.

Rob.
--
rob at robertwoolley dot co dot uk
Old October 7th 03, 07:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Bondee wrote:
"Bob Crowe" wrote in message
Facist!

Is that someone with an irrational hatred of faces?

No, it's someone who's prejudiced against some people because of their
face.

Colin McKenzie
Old October 7th 03, 08:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

Just OOI, are private coaches (or buses) allowed to use Bus Lanes

Depends on how the bus lane is marked and (IIRC) which local byelaws
apply. If the bus pictogram contains the word "local" then certainly
not, however if it does not the answer is probably yes.

Neil

--
Neil Williams
is a valid email address, but is sent to /dev/null.