Old May 20th 09, 01:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Chelsea Harbour

I can't recall if anyone has mentioned this, but station construction is
well underway.

Old May 20th 09, 05:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

John Rowland wrote on 20 May
2009 13:15:59 ...
I can't recall if anyone has mentioned this, but station construction is
well underway.

Don't you mean Imperial Wharf, or has the name been changed? (It seems
to have disappeared altogether from the current TfL maps.)

--
Richard J.
Old May 20th 09, 05:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Richard J. wrote on 20 May 2009 17:43:02 ...
John Rowland wrote on 20 May
2009 13:15:59 ...
I can't recall if anyone has mentioned this, but station construction is
well underway.

Don't you mean Imperial Wharf, or has the name been changed? (It seems
to have disappeared altogether from the current TfL maps.)

Correction: It's disappeared from any of the maps under the "Rail" tab
on the maps page on the TfL site, but it's still on the Tube map as
Imperial Wharf ("opening late 2009").

--
Richard J.
Old May 20th 09, 07:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On May 20, 5:43*pm, "Richard J." wrote:

John Rowland wrote on 20 May
2009 13:15:59 ...

I can't recall if anyone has mentioned this, but station construction is
well underway.

Don't you mean Imperial Wharf, or has the name been changed? *(It seems
to have disappeared altogether from the current TfL maps.)

I haven't heard of any name change.

Good that it's on its way - when did Imperial Wharf first start
appearing in the published timetables?
Old May 20th 09, 08:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 20 May, 19:02, Mizter T wrote:
I haven't heard of any name change.

It used to be "Chelsea Harbour". It became "Imperial Wharf" a few
years ago.

Good that it's on its way - when did Imperial Wharf first start
appearing in the published timetables?

** Pretends to be Clive Feather **

04-06-1972

** Realises he isn't **

Several years before it had anything resembling a funding agreement,
is the best answer I can give.

Old May 20th 09, 09:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 20 May, 20:34, Mr Thant
wrote:
On 20 May, 19:02, Mizter T wrote:

I haven't heard of any name change.

It used to be "Chelsea Harbour". It became "Imperial Wharf" a few
years ago.

Good that it's on its way - when did Imperial Wharf first start
appearing in the published timetables?

** Pretends to be Clive Feather **

04-06-1972

** Realises he isn't **

Several years before it had anything resembling a funding agreement,
is the best answer I can give.

That would be 1972-06-04 ;-)

Seriously, I think it appeared on the London Connections map in early
2005, along with Shepherds Bush (WLL). Not sure about the printed
timetable though.

Best regards
Old May 20th 09, 09:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On 20 May, 21:03, Brian A60K wrote:
On 20 May, 20:34, Mr Thant
wrote:

On 20 May, 19:02, Mizter T wrote:

I haven't heard of any name change.

It used to be "Chelsea Harbour". It became "Imperial Wharf" a few
years ago.

Good that it's on its way - when did Imperial Wharf first start
appearing in the published timetables?

** Pretends to be Clive Feather **

04-06-1972

** Realises he isn't **

Several years before it had anything resembling a funding agreement,
is the best answer I can give.

That would be 1972-06-04 ;-)

Seriously, I think it appeared on the London Connections map in early
2005, along with Shepherds Bush (WLL). Not sure about the printed
timetable though.

It's in the winter 2004 - 2005 printed timetable.

Not sure about the one before, but not in the previous winter.
Old May 21st 09, 01:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Richard J. wrote:
John Rowland wrote on 20 May
2009 13:15:59 ...
I can't recall if anyone has mentioned this, but station
construction is well underway.

Don't you mean Imperial Wharf, or has the name been changed?

Oh, right. What a stupid name for a station. Imagine when engineering work
leads to trains terminating there, someone in Brighton or Milton Keynes
seeing "Imperial Wharf" on the front of a train. If the developers wanted
the station to have the same name as their development, they should have
called their development Chelsea Harbour.

Old May 21st 09, 11:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , John Rowland
writes
Richard J. wrote:
John Rowland wrote on 20 May
2009 13:15:59 ...
I can't recall if anyone has mentioned this, but station
construction is well underway.

Don't you mean Imperial Wharf, or has the name been changed?

Oh, right. What a stupid name for a station. Imagine when engineering work
leads to trains terminating there, someone in Brighton or Milton Keynes
seeing "Imperial Wharf" on the front of a train. If the developers wanted
the station to have the same name as their development, they should have
called their development Chelsea Harbour.

They have.

Imperial Wharf is the name of the development taking place along
Townmead Road directly opposite Imperial Road which has been developed
as a wider, smoother road (complete with bus lane just right for taxis
to use) than Lots Road which does not have 'public' access right through
to Townmead Road as there is a barrier at the west entrance to Chelsea
Harbour.

The whole Imperial Wharf development when completed is much larger than
Chelsea Harbour

--
Mike Hughes
at home in Tarring, West Sussex, England
Old May 21st 09, 02:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On May 21, 11:04*am, Mike Hughes wrote:

In message , John Rowland
writes

Richard J. wrote:

John Rowland wrote on 20 May
2009 13:15:59 ...

Indeed - see http://www.imperialwharf.com.

Imperial Wharf is the name of the development taking place along
Townmead Road directly opposite Imperial Road which has been developed
as a wider, smoother road (complete with bus lane just right for taxis
to use) than Lots Road which does not have 'public' access right through
to Townmead Road as there is a barrier at the west entrance to Chelsea
Harbour.

The C3 bus (Earl's Court - Clapham Jn) is allowed to go that way
though! Do they not let you cabbies through?