Old May 21st 09, 08:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default DLR delta junction flyunder

Hi,

The new flyover/under at Delta junction on the DLR seems to have been
finished for a couple of weeks now, but I haven't seen any trains
actually use it. Anyone know why, and when it will be brought into
action? (I know it's only supposed to be for peak-times, but that's
when I travel.)

Ganesh

Old May 21st 09, 11:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 21 May, 21:56, Ganesh Sittampalam
wrote:
The new flyover/under at Delta junction on the DLR seems to have been
finished for a couple of weeks now, but I haven't seen any trains
actually use it. Anyone know why, and when it will be brought into
action?

It bypasses West India Quay, so there needs to be some passenger
education and updated maps first, and I haven't seen any sign of that.

There's a major closure starting this weekend and ending next (of the
whole area around Canning Town), which I expect to be followed by a
new timetable. That would be a likely time for it to come into use.

Old June 5th 09, 11:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

wrote:

The new flyover/under at Delta junction on theDLRseems to have been
finished for a couple of weeks now, but I haven't seen any trains
actually use it. Anyone know why, and when it will be brought into
action?

It bypasses West India Quay, so there needs to be some passenger
education and updated maps first, and I haven't seen any sign of that.

There's a major *closure starting this weekend and ending next (of the
whole area around Canning Town), which I expect to be followed by a
new timetable. That would be a likely time for it to come into use.

They seem to have reprogrammed the stopping points at Limehouse and
West India Quay so that trains use the extended bits of the
platforms. Don't know when exactly, but it's fairly recent.