Old October 10th 03, 01:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london
dan dan is offline

Default Battersea Power Station

So, redevelopment is promised yet again!

but what is this about a "dedicated rail link from Victoria Station"
or a "light-rail scheme"?

Anyone know?

Dan

Old October 10th 03, 09:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london
CJC CJC is offline

(dan) wrote in message . com...
So, redevelopment is promised yet again!

but what is this about a "dedicated rail link from Victoria Station"
or a "light-rail scheme"?

Anyone know?

Dan

Might mean the planned upgrade of the station near there.
Old October 11th 03, 10:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london

om...

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Acro...BatterseaPower

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old October 11th 03, 01:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 11:19:44 +0100, John Rowland wrote:

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Acro...BatterseaPower

Any reason its not been updated for 2 years?

Old October 13th 03, 04:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 14:55:46 +0100, Paul Weaver
wrote:

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 11:19:44 +0100, John Rowland wrote:

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Acro...BatterseaPower

Any reason its not been updated for 2 years?

Possibly because nothing has changed?
--
Peter Lawrence
Old October 13th 03, 07:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Paul Weaver" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 11:19:44 +0100, John Rowland wrote:

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Acro...BatterseaPower

Any reason its not been updated for 2 years?

It started to take up my whole life and gave little back. It was started at
an exciting time, with the Jubilee Line Extension, the DLR Lewisham
Extension and Tramlink all under construction, but that time seems passed. I
watched councils putting funding bids in for the same good schemes year
after year and being turned down. I sent too many emails and letters to
councils and TfL and rarely got even a compliment slip back. I am much too
busy at the moment to even think about kickstarting it, although that might
change some time in the not too distant future.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old October 13th 03, 10:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"John Rowland" wrote in message

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Acro...BatterseaPower

Any reason its not been updated for 2 years?

It started to take up my whole life and gave little back. It was started

at
an exciting time, with the Jubilee Line Extension, the DLR Lewisham
Extension and Tramlink all under construction, but that time seems passed.

watched councils putting funding bids in for the same good schemes year
after year and being turned down. I sent too many emails and letters to
councils and TfL and rarely got even a compliment slip back. I am much too
busy at the moment to even think about kickstarting it, although that

might
change some time in the not too distant future.

Many congratulations for a good site though - most of it is still very
relevant and certainly gives a good background to the long-winded nature of
London's transport planning! Anyway, I've found that keeping abreast of
things on this newsgroup is as good as the regular updates on your site
were - maybe worth adding a link to the uk.transport.london Google group
from it?

Angus

Old October 13th 03, 11:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 20:26:47 +0100, John Rowland wrote:
It started to take up my whole life and gave little back.

rarely got even a compliment slip back. I am much too

Yeah, been there