Old June 10th 09, 03:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default How bad is the tube strike?

My girlfirend has to visit her mother in London on Thursday. I'm
staying out of it!!.

She can get a train to London but will need the tube.

What are the tubes like with this strike? Is there any service?

Old June 10th 09, 03:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Jun 10, 4:32*pm, Rexx wrote:
My girlfirend has to visit her mother in London on Thursday. I'm
staying out of it!!.

She can get a train to London but will need the tube.

What are the tubes like with this strike? Is there any service?

Depends on the line. Where's she arriving / leaving from? And if she
can go outside peak hours that'd be easier...

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org
Old June 10th 09, 04:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
Rexx wrote:
My girlfirend has to visit her mother in London on Thursday. I'm
staying out of it!!.

She can get a train to London but will need the tube.

What are the tubes like with this strike? Is there any service?

http://www.tfl.gov.uk./ has up-to-date info on the front page.

The summary is that there is some service, but not much.

--
:wq

Old June 10th 09, 07:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Mike Bristow" wrote in message

In article ,
Rexx wrote:
My girlfirend has to visit her mother in London on Thursday. I'm
staying out of it!!.

She can get a train to London but will need the tube.

What are the tubes like with this strike? Is there any service?

http://www.tfl.gov.uk./ has up-to-date info on the front page.

The summary is that there is some service, but not much.

The real-time travle news is probably the best page:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/livetravel...e/default.html

Old June 10th 09, 07:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Rexx wrote:
My girlfirend has to visit her mother in London on Thursday. I'm
staying out of it!!.

She can get a train to London but will need the tube.

What are the tubes like with this strike? Is there any service?

The Jubilee and Northern lines were operating today. I travelled from
Baker Street to London Bridge on the Jubilee at about 5pm with no
problems; Southwark station was closed due, it was said, to shortage of
staff.

--
John Ray

Old June 10th 09, 08:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london
No Name

"John Ray" wrote in message
Rexx wrote:
My girlfirend has to visit her mother in London on Thursday. I'm
staying out of it!!. She can get a train to London but will need the
tube.

What are the tubes like with this strike? Is there any service?

The Jubilee and Northern lines were operating today. I travelled from
Baker Street to London Bridge on the Jubilee at about 5pm with no
problems; Southwark station was closed due, it was said, to shortage of
staff.

--
John Ray

What do we reckon the tube service tomorrow is going to be like? Better or
worse?

Old June 13th 09, 03:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 17:45:09 +0100, Mike Bristow
wrote:

In article ,
Rexx wrote:
My girlfirend has to visit her mother in London on Thursday. I'm
staying out of it!!.

She can get a train to London but will need the tube.

What are the tubes like with this strike? Is there any service?

http://www.tfl.gov.uk./ has up-to-date info on the front page.

The summary is that there is some service, but not much.

As feedback she said she found the tubes were not all that busy but
they ran less often and didn't carry on through the centre.