Old July 2nd 09, 12:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Watford to Heathrow

Mizter T wrote:

On Jul 2, 10:28 am, Frederick Williams
wrote:

The reason I asked is that the Virgin bus driver always helped!

It was a 'proper' coach, so the luggage got loaded into 'the hold'
didn't it?

Originally it was a minibus. I mean it looked like a minibus, what it
was called officially, I don't know. The minibus was then replaced by a
full-sized coach (for carrying three or four passengers!). The minibus
driver and the coach driver (they might even have been the same bloke)
both helped.

--
Which of the seven heavens / Was responsible her smile /
Wouldn't be sure but attested / That, whoever it was, a god /

Old July 2nd 09, 02:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Frederick Williams" wrote in message

Mizter T wrote:

So bus seems best.

It's because I've tried it that I'm seeking an alternative.

It suspect any option via rail or underground is going to be worse than the
bus. This is certainly the case getting from Brighton/Gatwick to Heathrow,
where the coach is a lot more civilised than rail and underground if you've
got luggage to deal with.

D A Stocks

Old July 2nd 09, 04:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Frederick Williams" wrote in message
Tony Polson wrote:

Mizter T wrote:

On Jul 1, 1:13=A0pm, Mr Thant

wrote:

Very good, clever stuff. Though in this situation I think I'd
probably
still recommend taking the bus from Watford - one vehicle all the
way
meaning less hassle.

Agreed. I think the bus also calls at all the terminals, and
minimises
the amount of walking involved.

No it doesn't but the Virgin bus used to. The Green Line 724 calls
at
the central bus station and terminals 4 and 5.

Not anymore. Latest timetable i've seen only shows it serving Central
Bus station and Terminal 5. Seemingly the T4 stop has been dropped.

Old July 2nd 09, 11:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Jul 3, 12:35*am, wrote:

In article , (David

Mizter T wrote:

So bus seems best.

It's because I've tried it that I'm seeking an alternative.

It suspect any option via rail or underground is going to be worse
than the bus. This is certainly the case getting from
Brighton/Gatwick to Heathrow, where the coach is a lot more
civilised than rail and underground if you've got luggage to deal
with.

The words "coach" and "civilised" don't belong in the same sentence IME.

Absolute total and unmitigated ********, to be blunt.

Old July 3rd 09, 09:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 2 Jul 2009 16:41:17 -0700 (PDT)
Mizter T wrote:
The words "coach" and "civilised" don't belong in the same sentence IME.

Absolute total and unmitigated ********, to be blunt.

Compared to trains buses/coaches are cramped, noisy, slow, bouncy and frequently
hot.

B2003

Old July 3rd 09, 10:08 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On 3 July, 01:02, wrote:
In article
,

(Mizter T) wrote:
On Jul 3, 12:35*am, wrote:

In article ,
(David

Mizter T wrote:

So bus seems best.

It's because I've tried it that I'm seeking an alternative.

It suspect any option via rail or underground is going to be worse
than the bus. This is certainly the case getting from
Brighton/Gatwick to Heathrow, where the coach is a lot more
civilised than rail and underground if you've got luggage to deal
with.

The words "coach" and "civilised" don't belong in the same
sentence IME.

Absolute total and unmitigated ********, to be blunt.

We clearly disagree. Hate the bloody things, especially when I'm expecting
a train.

Was he disagreeing with you or redrafting your response?

The advantage of the coach is that it presumably takes you direct to
Heathrow, with no stairs and escalators.

Heathrow is relatively badly served by trains from most directions,
and central London is badly served by coaches from all directions
(traffic jams, Victoria Coach Station ...).
Old July 3rd 09, 10:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message ...

Compared to trains buses/coaches are cramped, noisy, slow, bouncy and
frequently
hot.

And full of pond life!

Ian