Old October 15th 03, 08:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Ongar, et al

Sometime between 1990 and 94, the few stations past Epping seem to have been
eliminated. Does anyone know what rail services these places have now? Do
they have a tube connection at all? West to east, they were North Weald,
Blake Hall, Ongar. Blake Hall was gone by 1985, and the other two were gone
by 94.

Anyone have pictures of these stations or any information? Also, any
pictures of the tube stations that used to be beyond Amersham (Aylesbury, et
al)? Seems like those were killed much earlier, around 1960. Kind of
fascinating stuff.

J.O.

Old October 15th 03, 09:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

http://www.londonrailways.net/ongar.htm
http://www.ongar-railway.org.uk/
http://www.google.com/search?q=ongar
Old October 15th 03, 10:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

Anyone have pictures of these stations or any information? Also, any
pictures of the tube stations that used to be beyond Amersham (Aylesbury, et
al)? Seems like those were killed much earlier, around 1960. Kind of
fascinating stuff.

The Amersham-Aylesbury stretch is still going but only as part of the
national rail network. Until around 1961 it was used by both
main-line and underground trains.

There are weird and wonderful places even further out than Aylesbury
which were once connected to the underground network. Clive Feather's
underground guides (http://www.davros.org/rail/culg/metropolitan.html
for the Metropolitan line) are a useful source for this sort of
factual information

Martin
Old October 15th 03, 10:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

Anyone have pictures of these stations or any information? Also, any
pictures of the tube stations that used to be beyond Amersham (Aylesbury, et
al)? Seems like those were killed much earlier, around 1960. Kind of
fascinating stuff.

The latter are still there, having been taken away from the
Metropolitan by BR at some stage not long after electrification. They
are operated by Chiltern Railways and still very much in use.

Neil

--
Neil Williams
is a valid email address, but is sent to /dev/null.

Old October 16th 03, 06:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Also http://www.abandonedstations.co.uk
Old October 16th 03, 08:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Joe Joe is offline

The latter are still there, having been taken away from the
Metropolitan by BR at some stage not long after electrification. They
are operated by Chiltern Railways and still very much in use.

But there was a threat of closure. Thankfully people like me and a group of
others convinced BR that a single line branch wasnt suitable for the County
town of Bucks!
My site at
http://www.freewebs.com/railwaysonli...ngarvisit.html (if that
doesnt work go to the address in my sig and click on My Visit to Ongar)
--
To reply direct, remove NOSPAM and replace with railwaysonline
For Train Information, The Latest News & Best photos around check out the

Old October 17th 03, 09:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 07:31:23 +0100, One Shot wrote:
HEAD
TITLE Ongar, et al/TITLE
/HEAD
BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF"

Please dont use HTML for usenet postings, it gives me a headache