London Banter

-   -   378s to be unveiled today - BBC (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/8604-378s-unveiled-today-bbc.html)

Clive July 16th 09 10:27 PM

378s to be unveiled today - BBC

In message , Mike Bristow
writes
Secondly, trains have a lifetime of 20 or 30 years.

Where did you get that idea? In 68 I was working on 38 stock, which
continued for some years afterwards.
--
Clive

Peter Masson[_2_] July 16th 09 11:06 PM

"Clive" wrote in message
In message , Mike Bristow
writes
Secondly, trains have a lifetime of 20 or 30 years.

Where did you get that idea? In 68 I was working on 38 stock, which
continued for some years afterwards.

Er? 1938 stock is still in daily use, on Island Line.

Peter

[email protected] July 17th 09 12:29 AM

378s to be unveiled today - BBC

In article ,
(Clive) wrote:

In message , Mike Bristow
writes
Secondly, trains have a lifetime of 20 or 30 years.

Where did you get that idea? In 68 I was working on 38 stock,
which continued for some years afterwards.

30-50 years is more typical of electric trains. There have been
exceptions, though. Anyone remember the 1983TS, built 1983-6?

--
Colin Rosenstiel

MIG July 27th 09 07:45 PM

378s to be unveiled today - BBC

On 13 July, 10:08, "Paul Scott"

I wonder if they'll actually enter passenger service today as well?

Paul

I saw a 378 between Harrow & Wealdstone and Headstone Lane today.

I was too fast and too distant to be able to tell what it was doing,
but it's the first time I've seen one outside of Willesden depot.