Old July 15th 09, 08:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Tube to Battersea

On 15 July, 21:20, Mizter T wrote:
On Jul 15, 3:11*pm, "David A Stocks" wrote:

"tim....." wrote:

"Graham Harrison" wrote:

My first reaction was "Seems a pity not to connect either proposed
station with any other rail/underground station even if it's only
Battersea Park." but thinking about it what sort of travel opportunities
would that open? Not many I suspect. * Going on to Clapham Junction might
be worthwhile but even then I'm not wholly convinced.

It helps everyone who arrives on the Victoria "side" who wants to go to
the city.

Almost anyone arriving on the Victoria side who wants to go to the city is
on the wrong train in the first place. They should go to London Bridge
instead.

Easier said than done in some circumstances though - look at the south
eastern lines that only serve Victoria. A recent example was Maidstone
- peak trains only go to Victoria from this Kentish town, though there
are off-peak trains to London Bridge (but the capacity at London
Bridge presumably isn't there for a peak time service).-

Was that a deliberate pun?

Actually, they seem not to stop at Kentish Town, but there are direct
trains from Maidstone to Elephant, Farringdon and St Pancras in the
peak, which pretty much covers the City options.