London Banter

-   -   Stations named after commercial entities (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/8738-stations-named-after-commercial-entities.html)

rail August 10th 09 08:32 PM

Stations named after commercial entities

In message
" wrote:

It's a sign of the times look at your local football jerseys eg AIG
for Man U etc Stadiums Emirates Stadium for Arsenal CitiField for the
NY Mets etc. Its a Money Maker I can see you taikng the Bakerloo
from Weetabix Piccadilly Circus To Carling Waterloo maybe the line
will be the HSBC Bakerloo :)

Gillespie road got renamed a long time ago.

--
Graeme Wall

This address not read, substitute trains for rail
Transport Miscellany at www.greywall.demon.co.uk/rail

Roland Perry August 11th 09 08:31 AM

Stations named after commercial entities

In message
, at
13:21:32 on Mon, 10 Aug 2009, "
remarked:
It's a sign of the times look at your local football jerseys eg AIG
for Man U etc Stadiums Emirates Stadium for Arsenal CitiField for the
NY Mets etc. Its a Money Maker I can see you taikng the Bakerloo
from Weetabix Piccadilly Circus To Carling Waterloo maybe the line
will be the HSBC Bakerloo :)

But people would be stuck if there had been a Setanta Stadium, or a
"Woolworths" tube station. That's the point really.

James Farrar August 11th 09 06:44 PM

Stations named after commercial entities

Roland Perry wrote in
:

But people would be stuck if there had been a Setanta Stadium, or a
"Woolworths" tube station. That's the point really.

Well, there was an Enron Field.