Old August 11th 09, 09:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default A quieter time

Just came across this pic of the north circular from 1975. how times change.
Today its a walled off 6 lane motorway at this location.

http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/119213

B2003

Old August 11th 09, 10:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 09:30:44 on Tue, 11 Aug 2009,
remarked:
Just came across this pic of the north circular from 1975. how times change.
Today its a walled off 6 lane motorway at this location.

http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/119213

Further west it's still as narrow as that
Old August 11th 09, 10:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 11:04:53 +0100
Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at 09:30:44 on Tue, 11 Aug 2009,
remarked:
Just came across this pic of the north circular from 1975. how times change.
Today its a walled off 6 lane motorway at this location.

http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/119213

Further west it's still as narrow as that

Not until you get past hanger lane though! But if you go east its pretty
narrow at bounds green. I remember when they built the east end road underpass
and widened the road back in the mid 90s. The traffic before that time
effectivly made the road unusable in the rush hour around the finchley area.
God knows what it would be like now if they hadn't done it.

B2003

Old August 18th 09, 02:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Aug 11, 11:04*am, Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at 09:30:44 on Tue, 11 Aug 2009,
remarked:

Just came across this pic of the north circular from 1975. how times change.
Today its a walled off 6 lane motorway at this location.

http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/119213

Further west it's still as narrow as that

As is most of its 'southern hemisphere' cousin! (Not that I would want
it otherwise!)
Old August 18th 09, 03:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Aug 18, 7:53*am, Mizter T wrote:
On Aug 11, 11:04*am, Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at 09:30:44 on Tue, 11 Aug 2009,
remarked:

Just came across this pic of the north circular from 1975. how times change.
Today its a walled off 6 lane motorway at this location.

http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/119213

Further west it's still as narrow as that

As is most of its 'southern hemisphere' cousin! (Not that I would want
it otherwise!)

Welcome back Mizter T. You were missed.

Old August 18th 09, 04:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Aug 18, 4:21*pm, 1506 wrote:

On Aug 18, 7:53*am, Mizter T wrote:

On Aug 11, 11:04*am, Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at 09:30:44 on Tue, 11 Aug 2009,
remarked:

Just came across this pic of the north circular from 1975. how times change.
Today its a walled off 6 lane motorway at this location.

http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/119213

Further west it's still as narrow as that

As is most of its 'southern hemisphere' cousin! (Not that I would want
it otherwise!)

Welcome back Mizter T. *You were missed.

I was?! I obviously wasn't being objectionable enough

(In the back of my mind I've a vague recollection of the million-and-
one threads that I once wanted to respond to... in all likelihood I
probably won't get round to it, but in the event that I do resurrect
some golden oldies, it's only because my infantile desire to try and
have the last word has got the better of me!)
Old August 18th 09, 07:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article
,
(Mizter T) wrote:

On Aug 11, 11:04*am, Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at 09:30:44 on Tue, 11 Aug 2009,
remarked:

Just came across this pic of the north circular from 1975. how times
change. Today its a walled off 6 lane motorway at this location.

http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/119213

Further west it's still as narrow as that

As is most of its 'southern hemisphere' cousin! (Not that I would want
it otherwise!)

I've always described the South Circular as no more than a series of
signposts, certainly from Kew Bridge through where I was brought up,
Putney, and some way beyond.

I used to enjoy seeing the jams from Young's horse-drawn drays on local
deliveries. :-)

--
Colin Rosenstiel