Old August 19th 09, 01:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Dangerous buses in Finsbury Park

Interesting little chat...
http://www.stroudgreen.org/discussion/1529/

Old August 19th 09, 02:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Aug 19, 1:28*pm, "Basil Jet"
wrote:
Interesting little chat...
http://www.stroudgreen.org/discussion/1529/

Odd little chat... don't think I've ever seen hookers trying to "drum
up some business" on a bus!

Sadly too late to catch the Radio 4 programme on iPlayer that prompted
this discussion - it was in itself a repeat of a broadcast in January
which I also managed to miss.
Old August 19th 09, 02:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Mizter T wrote:
On Aug 19, 1:28 pm, "Basil Jet"
wrote:
Interesting little chat...
http://www.stroudgreen.org/discussion/1529/

Odd little chat... don't think I've ever seen hookers trying to "drum
up some business" on a bus!

Sadly too late to catch the Radio 4 programme on iPlayer that prompted
this discussion - it was in itself a repeat of a broadcast in January
which I also managed to miss.

Perhaps this is the true reason for debendications - the footwear
employed by the average brass can't negotiate stairs...

It's no more ludicrous than some justifications.

Tom
Old August 23rd 09, 05:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Aug 19, 2:06*pm, Mizter T wrote:
On Aug 19, 1:28*pm, "Basil Jet"

wrote:
Interesting little chat...
http://www.stroudgreen.org/discussion/1529/

Odd little chat... don't think I've ever seen hookers trying to "drum
up some business" on a bus!

Sadly too late to catch the Radio 4 programme on iPlayer that prompted
this discussion - it was in itself a repeat of a broadcast in January
which I also managed to miss.

If you missed it, the programme has appeared at
http://speechification.com/2009/08/11/on-the-top-deck/
Old August 25th 09, 11:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 23 Aug 2009, Paul Corfield wrote:

wrote:
Interesting little chat...
http://www.stroudgreen.org/discussion/1529/

Odd little chat... don't think I've ever seen hookers trying to "drum
up some business" on a bus!

Sadly too late to catch the Radio 4 programme on iPlayer that prompted
this discussion - it was in itself a repeat of a broadcast in January
which I also managed to miss.

If you missed it, the programme has appeared at
http://speechification.com/2009/08/11/on-the-top-deck/

Thanks - I've just had a listen to it. The thing that strikes me is that
there is no crisis or chaos. It's kids being kids and adults being
adults and the two lots of them not always being able or willing to
communicate. Yes there is crime on the transport network including
buses but it is not out of control nor is it something for people to
fret about unduly.

BUT WON'T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE ... uh ... adults?

House prices, anyone?

tom

--
There are many ways of going crazy, but the most valuable of them is
this one which makes a genius out of an ordinary man. -- Claudio Grondi