Old August 21st 04, 02:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Reporting a dangerous bus driver?

To which organisation would I report a bus driver for what I consider
dangerous driving?

I got on a 45 bus at the Chancery Lane end of Grays Inn Road on Thursday
(19 Aug) and went towards Kings Cross. The driver cut up several
drivers while switching lanes and seemed to be challenging a Transit van
(I don't know that the white van men were entirely blameless though) and
later another white van further along. At the traffic lights before
turning right to go to the stop along the side of Kings Cross station,
the driver accelerated and drove diagonally while shouting something at
the van driver to his right, and then slammed on the brakes while
laughing to himself.

I'm young and strong and was partially ready for a jolt, but was still
almost thrown from my seat. The bus was empty but for a few passengers
upstairs (I was downstairs towards the back), but had it been full or
had there been an elderly passenger, I'm confident that passengers would
have been injured thanks to the unnecessary acceleration and braking.

The clock inside Kings Cross station read 10:08 when I left the bus and
entered the station, and the number on the yellow card beside the front
opening doors was '405Q'. I was travelling to Kings Cross to meet an
elderly relative who had taken the train down to London from the north.
Our onward journey didn't require a return journey on the same bus
route, though had it done so, I would not have boarded a bus with the
same driver - he needs taking off the road if he is unable to control
his temper while in charge of a public bus on a busy road.

Old August 21st 04, 02:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Channon wrote:
To which organisation would I report a bus driver for what I consider
dangerous driving?

Start with the bus company concerned. If no satisfaction there, go to TfL.

Make sure you've got the running number of the bus, plus the date and time
of the incident.

Old August 21st 04, 02:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Channon wrote:
[...]

Route 45 is run by London Central, part of the Go-Ahead Group.
Contact address for comments on services is

Or you could write to

Or for a less formal approach, phone Camberwell Garage on 020 7274 4951
and discuss it with the manager.
--
Richard J.

Old August 21st 04, 03:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 14:05:29 GMT, Channon
wrote:

To which organisation would I report a bus driver for what I consider
dangerous driving?

I've had to report two drivers this week but thankfully not for
dangerous driving. I went through London Buses Customer Services who
have direct links to the bus company and who will forward on details.
Given that drivers are supposed to be subject to independent checks
which are reported back to London Buses I would use this route rather
than the bus company given the seriousness of your accusation.
--
Paul C

Old August 23rd 04, 09:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Channon" wrote in message
To which organisation would I report a bus driver for what I consider
dangerous driving?

I got on a 45 bus at the Chancery Lane end of Grays Inn Road on

Thursday
(19 Aug) and went towards Kings Cross. The driver cut up several
drivers while switching lanes and seemed to be challenging a Transit

van
(I don't know that the white van men were entirely blameless though)

and
later another white van further along. At the traffic lights before
turning right to go to the stop along the side of Kings Cross station,
the driver accelerated and drove diagonally while shouting something

at
the van driver to his right, and then slammed on the brakes while
laughing to himself.

Driving like this should be reported to the police, IMHO.

Neil

Old August 23rd 04, 06:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Neil Jones" wrote in message

"Channon" wrote in message
[...]

Being cynical, aren't the police too busy catching people who are driving
safely but exceeding the speed limit by a few mph to bother with the *real*
bad drivers such as the one described here?

Old August 23rd 04, 07:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
Martin Underwood wrote:
Being cynical, aren't the police too busy catching people who are driving
safely but exceeding the speed limit by a few mph to bother with the *real*
bad drivers such as the one described here?

Less cynically, your word against the bus drivers is unlikely to
result in a conviction for a driving offence, so spending much time
investigating is pointless.

--
You dont have to be illiterate to use the Internet, but it help's.
Old August 23rd 04, 08:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Mike Bristow" wrote in message
In article ,
Martin Underwood wrote:
Being cynical, aren't the police too busy catching people who are

driving
safely but exceeding the speed limit by a few mph to bother with the

*real*
bad drivers such as the one described here?

Less cynically, your word against the bus drivers is unlikely to
result in a conviction for a driving offence, so spending much time
investigating is pointless.

As I suspected: the police spend more time investigating solvable crimes
than serious ones :-(

Old August 24th 04, 08:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Martin Underwood wrote:
Being cynical, aren't the police too busy catching people who are

driving
safely but exceeding the speed limit by a few mph to bother with the

*real*
bad drivers such as the one described here?

Less cynically, your word against the bus drivers is unlikely to
result in a conviction for a driving offence, so spending much time
investigating is pointless.

Apart from the fact that the OP wasn;t the only passenger, and one o the
others may also have reported the driver, another road user may have
done so too.