Old November 12th 03, 09:52 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Where have all the RMs gone?

"Terry Harper" wrote in message ...
"K" wrote in message

You just said Oxford Street shouldn't have any buses then you said it
should have free shuttle buses. Or did I misunderstand you?

What I said was that bus routes should not go along Oxford Street. It's
virtually nose-to-tail with lightly loaded buses crawling along, held up by
traffic lights and pedestrian crossings, then waiting to get on the stand at
their own stops.

But then surely it would be much better to have a system of long
distance non-stopping buses throughout London meeting up with smaller
shuttle buses to take people to their final destiantion? Why just
Oxford Street?

Old November 12th 03, 03:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
K K is offline

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 16:31:12 +0000 (UTC), "Terry Harper"
wrote:

You just said Oxford Street shouldn't have any buses then you said it
should have free shuttle buses. Or did I misunderstand you?

What I said was that bus routes should not go along Oxford Street.

That I agree with. Nor Taxis.
It's virtually nose-to-tail with lightly loaded buses crawling along, held up by
traffic lights and pedestrian crossings, then waiting to get on the stand at
their own stops.

Can't say I've noticed them being lightly loaded when I've used them
(usually the evening peak, so it may be different at other times)

Old November 12th 03, 06:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 16:11:45 +0000, K wrote:

That I agree with. Nor Taxis.

Get rid of the taxis, and the buses will move quicker. It is normally
these which cause the blockage, IMX.

Neil

--
Neil Williams
is a valid email address, but is sent to /dev/null.
Old November 14th 03, 03:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Nes" wrote in message ...
Sorry if this has been taclked before!

Just wondering why are all the RM-type crew buses being withdrawn? First the
94, then 15 and now the 11? I know there are others, but those routes are
what first comes to mind.

Nes.

This may have been mentioned before, but I read somewhere that because
of accesibility legislation it was likely that the last RM/RML routes
would be those that have their whole length paralelled by accessible
buses (not necessarily the same route for the whole length)

Old November 30th 03, 09:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Maybe they are in the ocean with the NYC IRT Redbirds?