Old October 16th 09, 05:48 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,alt.travel.uk.air

Default Wafted from paradise to Luton Airport

In message
, at
16:42:10 on Thu, 15 Oct 2009, MIG
remarked:
They don't need to bump you. *They'll just claim that your passport is
bent or contrive to delay you in a way that they'll claim is your
fault, and you'll miss the flight without compensation plus pay the
full fare for the next one.

Chatter, chatter.

Anyone ever seen that happen?

Yes.

Loads of people. Are they all making it up?

I've never seen it happen, and I fly on average once a week.

What I do see almost every trip, is people taking vastly oversize
luggage on board, and increasingly frequently having it taken off then
at the gate to be put in the hold. But never any of the "delaying
tactics" you mention.
Old October 16th 09, 06:45 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,alt.travel.uk.air
MIG MIG is offline

On 16 Oct, 06:48, Roland Perry wrote:
In message
, at
16:42:10 on Thu, 15 Oct 2009, MIG
remarked:

They don't need to bump you. *They'll just claim that your passport is
bent or contrive to delay you in a way that they'll claim is your
fault, and you'll miss the flight without compensation plus pay the
full fare for the next one.

Chatter, chatter.

Anyone ever seen that happen?

Yes.

Loads of people. *Are they all making it up?

I've never seen it happen, and I fly on average once a week.

What I do see almost every trip, is people taking vastly oversize
luggage on board, and increasingly frequently having it taken off then
at the gate to be put in the hold. But never any of the "delaying
tactics" you mention.

For some of us, some kind of mugging applies to 100% of journeys,
because it happens first time and you don't go back.
Old October 16th 09, 09:04 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,alt.travel.uk.air

In message
, at
23:45:05 on Thu, 15 Oct 2009, MIG
remarked:
For some of us, some kind of mugging applies to 100% of journeys,
because it happens first time and you don't go back.

You have a very low pain threshold! But like I said the other day, the
same attitude applies to many one-time/never-again users of our trains.
I'm dreading being crammed into the 19.15 from St Pancras tonight[1]. No
doubt the crew will be as cheerful as ever when they meet people with
something slightly wrong with their ticket, and might even get the
buffet going by the time we get to Luton (last week they couldn't get
the till open).

[1] It connects with my E*, I'm not trying to save money by travelling
on the first off-peak train.