Old October 18th 09, 01:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default OT - Mouse problem with Google Maps

In the last few days, whenever I go on Google Maps, my mouse starts
misbehaving, and the only way to get it back to normal is to reboot the PC.
Anyone else had this? (Technika wireless optical mouse, Windows XP).

Old October 18th 09, 03:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 18 Oct 2009, Basil Jet wrote:

In the last few days, whenever I go on Google Maps, my mouse starts
misbehaving, and the only way to get it back to normal is to reboot the
PC. Anyone else had this? (Technika wireless optical mouse, Windows XP).

I haven't had this problem. But then i have neither a mouse nor a PC.

tom

--
Get a bicycle. You will not regret it. If you live. -- Mark Twain
Old October 19th 09, 12:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Basil Jet" wrote in message

In the last few days, whenever I go on Google Maps, my mouse starts
misbehaving, and the only way to get it back to normal is to reboot
the PC. Anyone else had this? (Technika wireless optical mouse,
Windows XP).

No, no such problems (Win XP, wired Logitech mouse).

Old October 20th 09, 02:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Recliner wrote:
"Basil Jet" wrote in message

In the last few days, whenever I go on Google Maps, my mouse starts
misbehaving, and the only way to get it back to normal is to reboot
the PC. Anyone else had this? (Technika wireless optical mouse,
Windows XP).

No, no such problems (Win XP, wired Logitech mouse).

Thanks, turns out it was a flat battery in the wireless mouse. I've now
splashed out on a USB battery recharger (10 quid in Tesco with 2 AAAs thrown
in) so devices I should complete have control over input my now.

Old October 20th 09, 02:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 15:38:28 +0100
"Basil Jet" wrote:
Recliner wrote:
"Basil Jet" wrote in message

In the last few days, whenever I go on Google Maps, my mouse starts
misbehaving, and the only way to get it back to normal is to reboot
the PC. Anyone else had this? (Technika wireless optical mouse,
Windows XP).

No, no such problems (Win XP, wired Logitech mouse).

Thanks, turns out it was a flat battery in the wireless mouse. I've now
splashed out on a USB battery recharger (10 quid in Tesco with 2 AAAs thrown
in) so devices I should complete have control over input my now.

Why not just use a wired mouse then you won't need to worry about
batteries? I've never seen the point of wireless mice and keybaords unless
you do presentations standing 10 foot from the machine.

B2003

Old October 20th 09, 09:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On 20 Oct, 18:17, (Neil Williams)
wrote:
On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 14:43:29 +0000 (UTC),
wrote:

Why not just use a wired mouse then you won't need to worry about
batteries? I've never seen the point of wireless mice and keybaords unless
you do presentations standing 10 foot from the machine.

Ever tried one? *I use one because it's nice not getting the cable
tangled all the time regardless of where it's positioned.

I see less benefit from wireless keyboards, though.

Neil

I can't see the point of either, given that they need a power supply
(batteries) which hugely increases the hassle, and what do you do when
you need it on a Sunday night and they run out?

If they didn't take up a USB slot with the aerial thing, there might
just be a benefit in freeing slots, but I can't see one at all.
Old October 20th 09, 10:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 14:50:03 -0700 (PDT), MIG
wrote:

I can't see the point of either, given that they need a power supply
(batteries) which hugely increases the hassle, and what do you do when
you need it on a Sunday night and they run out?

My wireless mouse takes 2 AAs and lasts at least a couple of months on
them. (It's the M$ Home one - I'm led to belive cheaper ones aren't
as good in that regard). I always have spare AAs in the house because
I've got loads of stuff that runs on them.

Neil

--
Neil Williams