London Banter

-   -   An unusual request (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/985-unusual-request.html)

Robin May November 8th 03 10:05 PM

An unusual request

Can anyone think of any London Underground stations with the letters T,
O, S, E and R in their names (apart from Cannon Street)?

--
message by Robin May, but you can call me Mr Smith.
Hello. I'm one of those "roaring fascists of the left wing".

Then and than are different words!

Robin May November 8th 03 10:19 PM

An unusual request

Paul Weaver wrote the following in:

On Sat, 08 Nov 2003 23:05:10 +0000, Robin May wrote:

Can anyone think of any London Underground stations with the
letters T, O, S, E and R in their names (apart from Cannon
Street)?

walThamStOw cEntRal

Thanks!

Richard J. November 8th 03 10:23 PM

An unusual request

Robin May wrote:
Can anyone think of any London Underground stations with the
letters T, O, S, E and R in their names (apart from Cannon
Street)?

Heathrow Terminals 1,2,3
Hounslow Central
Osterley
Northfields
Earl's Court
Gloucester Road
Cockfosters

- and that's just the Piccadilly line!

--
Richard J.

Jason Rumney November 9th 03 12:08 PM

An unusual request

Robin May writes:

Can anyone think of any London Underground stations with the letters T,
O, S, E and R in their names (apart from Cannon Street)?

Old STREet

Dr John Stockton November 9th 03 02:05 PM

An unusual request

JRS: In article ,
seen in news:uk.transport.london, Robin May
om posted at Sat, 8 Nov 2003 23:05:10 :-
Can anyone think of any London Underground stations with the letters T,
O, S, E and R in their names (apart from Cannon Street)?

Check firstly all with "Street".

Cockfosters
Goodge Street
Hounslow Central
Northfields
Stonebridge Park
High Street Kensington
Ravenscourt Park
Totteridge & Whetstone
New Cross Gate
Bond Street
Mornington Crescent
Brent Cross
etc.

There'll be a lot more if their real names include "Station"; and, if
"Underground" is also included ... .

If I had a list of all stations, I could easily use DOS find to
successively pass only those letters, after conversion to lower case.

--
© John Stockton, Surrey, UK. Turnpike v4.00 MIME. ©
Web URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/ - w. FAQish topics, links, acronyms

Acrosticus November 9th 03 03:25 PM

An unusual request

From: Robin May
Date: 08/11/2003 23:05 GMT Standard Time

Can anyone think of any London Underground stations with the letters T,
O, S, E and R in their names (apart from Cannon Street)?

Cockfosters perhaps?

Robin May November 10th 03 04:59 PM

An unusual request

"Rob" wrote the following in:

T.O.S.E.R? U trying to say something?

No, but you are correct in your observation that I am looking for tube
stations with letters from the word tosser in them.