Old November 10th 09, 03:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Publicity about Circle Line going Teacup

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 15:45:16 -0000
"Paul Scott" wrote:
Barry Salter has reported seeing some new line maps today, presumably he'll
be able to confirm that the stretch down to Hammersmith has both colours?

Is the Thames back?

B2003

Old November 10th 09, 03:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Paul Scott" wrote:
Barry Salter has reported seeing some new line maps today, presumably he'll
be able to confirm that the stretch down to Hammersmith has both colours?

Is the Thames back?

The map in the leaflet has both the Thames and the Hammersmith & City
Line:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/24772733@N05/4074872504/

Here's the map at KXSP:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mjs/4089297930/

(I don't think any new poster network maps or map leaflets are in
circulation yet)

AIUI the new timetable changes the 7 tph H&C and 7 tph Circle into 6
tph each, meaning 12 tph departures from Hammersmith.

Old November 10th 09, 03:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Mr Thant wrote:

The map in the leaflet has both the Thames and the Hammersmith & City
Line:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/24772733@N05/4074872504/

Here's the map at KXSP:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mjs/4089297930/

(I don't think any new poster network maps or map leaflets are in
circulation yet)

AIUI the new timetable changes the 7 tph H&C and 7 tph Circle into 6
tph each, meaning 12 tph departures from Hammersmith.

I think I've lost track of that aspect. Weren't there at one time supposed
to be some slight changes to the Met and District to maintain numbers along
the north and south sides of the common routes as well?

Which reminds me of something that doesn't seem to have been discussed much.
Is part of the real rationale for this to persuade pax from the Kings Cross
area, heading for the south western extremities of the network, to stop
using Earls Court or Gloucester Rd when changing? Most publicity just
dwells on the better service to Hammersmith H&C, without trying to explain
how that helps pax overall, IYSWIM...

Paul S

Old November 10th 09, 04:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On 10 Nov, 16:54, "Paul Scott" wrote:
Mr Thant wrote:
[...]

It still wouldn't make it a better option than the Piccadilly.
Old November 10th 09, 05:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 10 Nov, 16:54, "Paul Scott" wrote:
I think I've lost track of that aspect. Weren't there at one time supposed
to be some slight changes to the Met and District to maintain numbers along
the north and south sides of the common routes as well?

The 2010 frequencies are on slide 15 onwards of this document:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...ce-Changes.pdf

Old November 10th 09, 06:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 10 Nov, 16:23, Mr Thant
wrote:
AIUI the new timetable changes the 7 tph H&C and 7 tph Circle into 6
tph each, meaning 12 tph departures from Hammersmith.

Why does the current timetable favour 7 tph on various sections? I
could see the point if there were 70 minutes in an hour.

--
gordon
Old November 10th 09, 06:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message
On 10 Nov, 16:23, Mr Thant
wrote:
AIUI the new timetable changes the 7 tph H&C and 7 tph Circle into 6
tph each, meaning 12 tph departures from Hammersmith.

Why does the current timetable favour 7 tph on various sections? I
could see the point if there were 70 minutes in an hour.

I think it is actually 7.5tph at the moment, or a train every 8 minutes.

Peter Smyth

Old November 10th 09, 07:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Mr Thant wrote:
On 10 Nov, 16:54, "Paul Scott" wrote:
I think I've lost track of that aspect. Weren't there at one time
supposed to be some slight changes to the Met and District to
maintain numbers along the north and south sides of the common
routes as well?

The 2010 frequencies are on slide 15 onwards of this document:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...ce-Changes.pdf

Thanks

So there really is a bit more to it than just the Circle...

Paul S

Old November 10th 09, 07:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...es-Proposed-Se...

Thanks

So there really is a bit more to it than just the Circle...

Paul S

So they've changed from the plan to terminate half the Wimblewares at
High Street Ken off peak?
Old November 10th 09, 07:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 12:34:50 -0000, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

But the blinds are definitely being changed en route according to posters
elsewhere. A train leaving Edgware for the inner rail is supposed to be
showing Circle via xxx.

They just show "CIRCLE LINE" normally. Are the blinds to be redone?

Neil

--
Neil Williams

Walton-on-Thames railway station no longer a bus teacup. Michael R N Dolbear London Transport 1 September 1st 15 08:28 AM
So what's going wrong with the Jubilee line? [email protected] London Transport 61 May 12th 11 02:15 PM
teacup Roland Perry London Transport 43 March 20th 10 05:03 PM
Is the teacup necessary? Walter Briscoe London Transport 68 April 23rd 09 08:35 AM
Oyster Prepay capping publicity Dave Arquati London Transport 5 February 23rd 05 03:43 PM