Old November 11th 09, 06:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Publicity about Circle Line going Teacup

On 11 Nov, 16:35, "Paul Scott" wrote:
"David Cantrell" wrote in message

k...

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 08:23:23AM -0800, Mr Thant wrote:

Here's the map at KXSP:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mjs/4089297930/

That's quite confusing - it looks like there are two seperate yellow
lines.

Personally, I always think that type of diagram should be the other way up,
ie 'you are here' should be at the bottom, with progress along the line
upwards.

Does anyone else agree?

Well, the only arrow one can see in the picture is pointing upwards,
actually.

I wonder what the previous one was like?

Old November 11th 09, 06:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 07:15:57 +0000, asdf
wrote:

But there won't be a frequency increase in the Kings Cross to
Paddington direction - there will actually be a slight frequency
decrease.

Though there may well be the impression of one, as the Circle Line at
the moment is so badly bunched by the end of the day that you can
easily end up with 3 trains within 10 minutes then a 25 minute gap.

Neil

--
Neil Williams
Old November 11th 09, 07:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 11 Nov, 19:54, MIG wrote:
Well, the only arrow one can see in the picture is pointing upwards,
actually.

I wonder what the previous one was like?

Like this:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mackenzieblu/2002707620/

Old November 11th 09, 07:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On 11 Nov, 20:20, Mr Thant
wrote:
On 11 Nov, 19:54, MIG wrote:

Well, the only arrow one can see in the picture is pointing upwards,
actually.

I wonder what the previous one was like?

Like this:http://www.flickr.com/photos/mackenzieblu/2002707620/

Hmm. So the convention seems to be going down from the top.

I honestly wouldn't have been sure without checking.
Old November 12th 09, 07:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
(David of Broadway) wrote:

On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 00:24:19 +0000, Basil Jet wrote:

wrote:

That won't be possible after 13 December. There will be no guaranteed
step-free route from Earl's Court to King's Cross.

Yes there will - the Circles will all terminate alongside the
Barkingbound platform, and the Wimblewares will all terminate
alongside the Hammersmithbound platform. (Or was it the other way
around?)

Is that guaranteed? If trains arrive out of sequence (e.g., a
Wimbleware was running late at Earl's Court so a Circle snuck ahead
of it into High St Kensington), will the second Circle really wait
for the first one to depart (thereby holding up the trains behind
it as well) rather than simply taking the available track? And
then the two back-to-back Wimblewares would have a similar problem.

(It pretty much has to be guaranteed if people who can't climb
stairs are expected to rely on it.)

New York has two two-track terminals laid out like Edgware Rd:
Brighton Beach on the B and 57 St/7 Av on the Q. In both cases,
cross-platform transfers are available (guaranteed!) at the
previous stop; regular riders who need to transfer know not to wait
until the terminal.

Wimbleware to Kings Cross pax have of course got exactly that guarantee at
Paddington (and stations from High St) now but will lose it from December.
That is precisely my gripe.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Walton-on-Thames railway station no longer a bus teacup. Michael R N Dolbear London Transport 1 September 1st 15 08:28 AM
So what's going wrong with the Jubilee line? [email protected] London Transport 61 May 12th 11 02:15 PM
teacup Roland Perry London Transport 43 March 20th 10 05:03 PM
Is the teacup necessary? Walter Briscoe London Transport 68 April 23rd 09 08:35 AM
Oyster Prepay capping publicity Dave Arquati London Transport 5 February 23rd 05 03:43 PM