London Banter

-   -   All stations map of Great Britain railways (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/9935-all-stations-map-great-britain.html)

Richard J.[_3_] November 12th 09 08:44 PM

All stations map of Great Britain railways

wrote on 12 November 2009 01:17:40 ...
In article ,
(Richard J.) wrote:

- Ladbroke Road, not Ladbrook Road

Ladbroke Grove even!

Doh! Thanks, Colin.

--
Richard J.

Mr Thant November 12th 09 08:54 PM

All stations map of Great Britain railways

On 11 Nov, 22:33, zzzz wrote:
Absolutely brilliant!!
It's missing Wandsworth Common though :)

phil

As is Queenstown Road Battersea. And the "Wandsworth Road" west of
Clapham Junction should be "Wandsworth Town".

Drayton Park station is also missing.

Michael R N Dolbear November 12th 09 10:36 PM

All stations map of Great Britain railways

JohnnPam wrote

And there is one train a day direct from Woking to Staines round the
north to west curve at Byfleet/Weybridge

One train every hour in each direction on Sundays. Passangers from
Weybridge to Staines on Sundays have to take the Woking train to
Byfleet & New Haw and change there.

--
Mike D

Mr Guest November 12th 09 11:13 PM

All stations map of Great Britain railways

Richard Fairhurst wrote (apparently) in uk.railway on Thu 12 Nov
2009 09:49:39:

Mr Guest wrote:
Guess that's not going to have anything west of Marston Moor on
the Harrogate line but will continue to keep an eye on it, as I
have been doing for a couple of years. It's extremely useful for
the areas covered so far though.

Once I'm clear of the Pennines it'll be plain sailing up to the
Edinburgh-Glasgow belt. It's the really dense areas that take the
time - both in terms of research and cartography. Dewsbury has
not been a bunch of fun and I'm not looking forward to Leeds in
the next-but-one release...

Ricard

Thanks Richard, look forward to the future releases as and when you
are able to work on them. I suspect Leeds, Bradford, Dewsbury,
Huddersfield, Halifax and all round those areas are a bit difficult to
sort out quickly. Good luck with it.
--
MrGuest
Always, seemingly, on the road to nowhere

Basil Jet November 13th 09 09:22 AM

All stations map of Great Britain railways

E27002 wrote:
On Nov 11, 9:04 am, Mr Mappy wrote:
Now has the whole of the London conurbation including London
Underground. See:

http://www.projectmapping.co.uk/Reso...0AS%20v1.5.pdf

All comments appreciated!

Mr Mappy

It's missing http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockpo...alybridge_Line

--
We are the Strasbourg. Referendum is futile.

Johannes Patruus November 20th 09 07:19 PM

E27002 wrote:
On Nov 11, 9:04 am, Mr Mappy wrote:
Now has the whole of the London conurbation including London
Underground. See:

http://www.projectmapping.co.uk/Reso...0AS%20v1.5.pdf

All comments appreciated!

Mr Mappy

Exellent. I expecially like the London area. This cannot have been
easy.

One wonders what the forthcoming "TrackAtlas" is going to make of the
London spaghetti:
http://www.trackmaps.co.uk/availablesoon.htm

JP

Basil Jet November 21st 09 04:22 AM

Johannes Patruus wrote:

One wonders what the forthcoming "TrackAtlas" is going to make of the
London spaghetti:
http://www.trackmaps.co.uk/availablesoon.htm

Since Quail already publish a map of the Underground, I don't see the
problem. Trying to portray the Underground and NR on the same map might be
tricky, especially between Kings Cross and Finsbury Park.

--
We are the Strasbourg. Referendum is futile.

Tom Anderson November 21st 09 01:59 PM

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009, Basil Jet wrote:

Johannes Patruus wrote:

One wonders what the forthcoming "TrackAtlas" is going to make of the
London spaghetti:
http://www.trackmaps.co.uk/availablesoon.htm

Since Quail already publish a map of the Underground, I don't see the
problem.

Isn't this new one claiming to be geographical, whereas Quail is very much
topological?

tom

--
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray,
Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right

Basil Jet November 21st 09 02:05 PM

Johannes Patruus wrote:

One wonders what the forthcoming "TrackAtlas" is going to make of
the London spaghetti:
http://www.trackmaps.co.uk/availablesoon.htm

Since Quail already publish a map of the Underground, I don't see the
problem.

Isn't this new one claiming to be geographical, whereas Quail is very
much topological?

The map I'm thinking of was geographical, but IIRC the scale changes from
Central London to the suburbs.

--
We are the Strasbourg. Referendum is futile.