Old November 12th 03, 10:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Arriva Trains Northern

Sunday night. Trying to get to Leeds and back again. 40 minuite round
trip. Various cancelliations. Delays. Lack of staff. No drivers.
Turned it into 5 hour matathron. With no staff knowing what was going
on or what to do. The only good thing is that the staff sent half the
passengers on the train I finally got home to the wrong platform for a
train that didn't exisit. So I actually got a seat for once.
Made me think I was in London again!

Old November 13th 03, 09:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Robin May wrote in message .1.4...
(CJG Now Thankfully Living In The North)
wrote the following in:
om

Sunday night. Trying to get to Leeds and back again. 40 minuite
round trip. Various cancelliations. Delays. Lack of staff. No
drivers. Turned it into 5 hour matathron. With no staff knowing
what was going on or what to do. The only good thing is that the
staff sent half the passengers on the train I finally got home to
the wrong platform for a train that didn't exisit. So I actually
got a seat for once. Made me think I was in London again!

It's strange that a 5 hour delay makes you think of London. The most
I've ever been delayed on a train in London is about half an hour, and
that was years ago.

I think you mis-understood me or maybe Im just stupid. My journey I
was making was into Leeds and then back out again. Its 20mins each
way. But due to massive delays going into Leeds. Then a big delay
trying to leave the place again lead to over 5 hours to get in and out
of Leeds again. I wasn't stuck on a train into Leeds for 5 hours. As
anyone who has been on an Arriva train. Especially their older ones
would know that being trapped in such a small space for 5 hours would
drive you over the edge.
I can assure you when living in London. A simple journey on the Met
Line (and possibly the Jubliee if I felt like it) into Central London
which takes around maybe 20-35mins depending on where in Central
London I was going to. On some occassions. Maybe "many" occasionals.
The journey was delayed by maybe 10-20mins. And some times these
delays lasted way over the 30mins you so proudly boast.
However at least my other passengers didn't just stare at the adverts
above a route map they acutally made conversation with you. etc....
Im sure Robin May will now fill us in with a story of how he was
delayed on a tube train and he chaired a conversation with the whole
carriage concering the meaning of life and how this meaning can exisit
in an indifferent world.
Old November 13th 03, 08:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Joe Joe is offline

However at least my other passengers didn't just stare at the adverts
above a route map

I thought I was the only one who noticed that!! Everyone does it every day,
just stares at the ads and the route map, but hardly anyone remembers what
they read.
--
To reply direct, remove NOSPAM and replace with railwaysonline
For Train Information, The Latest News & Best photos around check out the

Old November 14th 03, 09:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Well we shall see when the franchise is up for new bids.

Seeing as Arriva lost out to First in the Transpennine part of the
franchise.

"CJG Now Thankfully Living In The North" wrote in
message om...
Sunday night. Trying to get to Leeds and back again. 40 minuite round
trip. Various cancelliations. Delays. Lack of staff. No drivers.
Turned it into 5 hour matathron. With no staff knowing what was going
on or what to do. The only good thing is that the staff sent half the
passengers on the train I finally got home to the wrong platform for a
train that didn't exisit. So I actually got a seat for once.
Made me think I was in London again!

---