Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Alek
Forum: London Transport February 12th 04, 09:50 PM
Replies: 63
Posted By Alek
Musical Experiment?

Smoke,Smoke,Smoke that cigarette.....By Captain Beefheart..??
Forum: London Transport February 9th 04, 10:25 AM
Replies: 5
Posted By Alek
Oyster

Henry....You took the words from my mouth......!
Forum: London Transport February 3rd 04, 10:22 PM
Replies: 44
Posted By Alek
Save the 73 Routemaster!!!!

My own info on the Volvo B7tl appears to indicate an average of 6mpg in City
Service.
The Trident using a somewhat larger Cummins power unit may well be slightly
better as in our service the smaller...
Forum: London Transport February 3rd 04, 10:36 AM
Replies: 44
Posted By Alek
Save the 73 Routemaster!!!!

Very True Martin.
The combination of low gross vehicle weight and new engine/transmision
technology allow the Routemaster to return embarrasingly good economy
figures indeed.
Where present RM...
Forum: London Transport February 2nd 04, 11:04 AM
Replies: 44
Posted By Alek
Save the 73 Routemaster!!!!

Aidan Stangers response is exactly the type of commonsense thinking that TfL
and its Senior Executives (Including Hizzonor) are paid to come up with.
The Routemaster has many years of good solid...
Forum: London Transport February 1st 04, 11:51 PM
Replies: 44
Posted By Alek
Save the 73 Routemaster!!!!

Old the Routemaster may well be and indeed solid too,but the this solidity
is belied by an Unladen Weight of 7tons 14Cwt for a 72 Seat RML type.
This makes the Routemaster a featherweight compared...
Forum: London Transport February 1st 04, 12:47 PM
Replies: 44
Posted By Alek
Save the 73 Routemaster!!!!

Hmmmmm.Very logical response indeed.
However the present concentration on Cashless Articulated operation in
Central London appears to be throwing up substantial funding issues.
The Routemaster is...
Forum: London Transport January 18th 04, 10:05 PM
Replies: 14
Posted By Alek
Back to buses.

"primarily because the fixed
infrastructure along the routes gives a more public image of a service even
when no vehicle is present."
Hells bells Robin.....Are you in the employ of Hizzonor The Mayuh...
Forum: London Transport January 11th 04, 11:01 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By Alek
OY.....ster

Damned Boche...!!!
Forum: London Transport January 11th 04, 10:00 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By Alek
OY.....ster

All very true,but its sometimes nice to watch a Kebab being cut from the
side of the rotating carcass........!!
Forum: London Transport January 11th 04, 07:19 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By Alek
OY.....ster

Hey.
I believe Hizzonor The Mayuh is on BBC Radio London`s John Gaunt show
tomorow and Gaunty is seeking questions,observations or just mad stuff to
put to the fellow on-air.
This represents an ideal...
Forum: London Transport January 8th 04, 10:32 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By Alek
Oyster - the online-bought top-up problem solved

Thought so.....I`ve always found Guinness and Oysters to be somewhat hard on
the intestines.......
Forum: London Transport January 7th 04, 06:40 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By Alek
Oyster - the online-bought top-up problem solved

Reading through the spiralling number of Oyster related postings would I be
out of order in asking for a single cash-fare paper ticket next time I`m in
London....?
Forum: London Transport December 25th 03, 07:58 AM
Replies: 27
Posted By Alek
PF evasion?

I suppose it`s somewhat akin to the Sun Never Setting on The Empire.....
One Day the "Thats as maybe in France" option will become the norm in Their
Majesty`s Dominions also.
Whats the betting that...
Forum: London Transport December 24th 03, 10:06 PM
Replies: 27
Posted By Alek
PF evasion?

Well I`m not sure about Blighty but I witnessed an RP Team in action on the
Airport Service from Nice to Centre Ville (Fare ?1.60).
The SIX inspectors VERY firmly dealt with two ticketless swarthy...
Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

Forum Jump