Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Gunnar Thöle
Forum: London Transport September 4th 04, 05:33 PM
Replies: 30
Posted By Gunnar Thöle
Hamburg U-Bahn

Dave Arquati schrieb:

I found riding buses in London to be quite difficult because
information is not very complete. But the underground network is cool.

That's interesting. What...
Forum: London Transport September 3rd 04, 09:01 PM
Replies: 30
Posted By Gunnar Thöle
Hamburg U-Bahn (was: Emission Free bus on Route 25)

Neil Williams schrieb:
I always thought the U-Bahn screens were a nice touch, because when
the next stop is displayed, a picture of the station or its
Hmm, yes, thats true. It will also show the...
Forum: London Transport September 2nd 04, 08:14 AM
Replies: 30
Posted By Gunnar Thöle
Emission Free bus on Route 25

Neil Williams schrieb:
standard diesel bus with only the diesel parts removed and an electric
motor dropped in, leaving the transmission and gearbox and everything
intact.

This...
Forum: London Transport September 1st 04, 10:40 PM
Replies: 30
Posted By Gunnar Thöle
Emission Free bus on Route 25

Stephen Richards schrieb:
but they sound just like a very quiet diesel engine, with very definite
gear changes. Can anyone explain what technology is used?

I might be able to explain the gear...
Forum: London Transport August 13th 04, 11:11 AM
Replies: 15
Posted By Gunnar Thöle
OT: Koennt ihr mich hoeren (was: Fast train out of London (north))

Richard J. schrieb:

Könnt ihr mich hören? = Can you hear me?
Könnt ihr mich sehen? = Can you see me?
Könnt ihr mich fühlen? = Can you feel me?
Ich versteh euch nicht = I do not understand...
Forum: London Transport June 2nd 04, 07:57 PM
Replies: 93
Posted By Gunnar Thöle
Reduce Traffic - Turn left on a RED

Andrew P Smith schrieb:
In Eastern Germany, at certain sets of lights, a sign exists permitting
you to turn right when the light is at red if the road is clear of other
traffic. Seems to work...
Forum: London Transport April 13th 04, 04:55 PM
Replies: 40
Posted By Gunnar Thöle
Local/Express bus routes

Neil Williams schrieb:
[a minibus route in a quite hilly part of Hamburg with very rich
inhabitants (at least some of them)]
There was of course one exception - though I don't know if it still
Forum: London Transport April 8th 04, 09:53 PM
Replies: 40
Posted By Gunnar Thöle
Local/Express bus routes

Neil Williams schrieb:
This supplement is also charged for night buses.
This is no longer true.
Night buses now cost the same as any other vehicle.
Also, if you have a one day travelcard this will...
Forum: London Transport April 8th 04, 09:47 PM
Replies: 40
Posted By Gunnar Thöle
Local/Express bus routes

Tom Anderson schrieb:
[Hamburg express buses]
What do you mean by a 'supplementary fare'? You mean that the duplicating
buses are more expensive than standard buses? But are thus still cheaper
Forum: London Transport April 8th 04, 09:41 PM
Replies: 40
Posted By Gunnar Thöle
Local/Express bus routes

Neil Williams schrieb:
That said, Hamburg[1] takes a different approach; direct, express buses to
and from the city centre do duplicate some railway lines, but at a
supplementary fare of (I...
Forum: London Transport April 8th 04, 09:15 PM
Replies: 70
Posted By Gunnar Thöle
Train dispatching in Hamburg

Neil Williams schrieb:
Even after the S-Bahn withdrew their dispatch staff, I recall the U-Bahn
kept them on to move people along in the peaks - have those been pulled
out as well? Been a...
Forum: London Transport April 6th 04, 10:11 AM
Replies: 70
Posted By Gunnar Thöle
Subway (New York) vs Underground (London) [Quite long]

Neil Williams schrieb:
In fact, there are a few underground stations in Hamburg which appear to
be totally unstaffed - bet you'd not get away with that in the UK!
A few?
I'd say more than 95% of...
Forum: London Transport February 4th 04, 12:43 PM
Replies: 18
Posted By Gunnar Thöle
My train is on fire!

Boltar schrieb:
You have to wonder what would (does?) happen if some of the newspaper & tissues
etc that people drop around the system were to get lodged in some hot traction
equipment. I...
Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

Forum Jump