Showing results 1 to 19 of 19
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Tony Wilson
Forum: London Transport November 26th 05, 06:58 PM
Replies: 21
Posted By Tony Wilson
'One under'

As a tube commuter I often have cause to grumble about it, and sometimes
people who work on it, especially when there's a strike (sorry, I'm only
human!).

But this evening I was on the southbound...
Forum: London Transport September 27th 05, 07:03 AM
Replies: 5
Posted By Tony Wilson
East London Line closed for 18 months?

wrote in message

The whole line is closing for 18 months as part of the extension works
- the full answer is in the FAQs on the Shadwell Interchange section of
the...
Forum: London Transport September 26th 05, 07:53 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Tony Wilson
East London Line closed for 18 months?

Sorry to raise the ELL again after three other posts on the topic in quick
succession, but there is a new consultation leaflet just released on the TfL
website regarding upgrades to Shadwell station...
Forum: London Transport May 2nd 05, 06:35 PM
Replies: 32
Posted By Tony Wilson
Old A-Zs of London

"Kevin Bean" wrote in message

There are a couple on eBay at the moment, one originally priced at 3/6d.

I have bought a few...
Forum: London Transport March 28th 05, 03:59 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By Tony Wilson
RM Routes

"Paullie" wrote in message
Hi
Planning a trip to London this weekend, and looking to find out which
routes
are...
Forum: London Transport March 5th 05, 10:26 AM
Replies: 19
Posted By Tony Wilson
Later Tubes on Fri & Sat

1) The number of people who want to travel late on a Friday & Saturday
night
is *much* greater than those who want to travel early on Saturday and
Sunday
morning, so it's for the greater...
Forum: London Transport February 9th 05, 02:37 PM
Replies: 63
Posted By Tony Wilson
New victoria line trains

A lot of people with luggage if they're getting on a crowded train
don't bother squeezing all the way through to put their luggage in
the correct place , they just dump it where they stand....
Forum: London Transport February 5th 05, 02:56 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Tony Wilson
New Cross service (SE Trains)

However, I've just done a search on trains from New Cross to Lewisham (2
stations down the line and you should be able to easily switch to a
Sidcup service and there are 4 trains at least...
Forum: London Transport February 5th 05, 09:31 AM
Replies: 5
Posted By Tony Wilson
New Cross service (SE Trains)

I travel from the East London Line to Sidcup occasionally visiting family
and was planning to do so this evening, but was really quite amazed to find
that New Cross has no trains running out of...
Forum: London Transport January 21st 05, 07:14 AM
Replies: 22
Posted By Tony Wilson
Frequent service maps...

I think it's because it works on the basis of how many tph a station
has to a certain station - it's no good knowing that Bexleyheath has
4tph if you specifically want to go to Victoria, as...
Forum: London Transport January 11th 05, 09:49 PM
Replies: 136
Posted By Tony Wilson
Red buses

"Rob Latchford" {rob}.latchford{@}ntlworld{.}[com] wrote
Broadly speaking I agree with your observations about red livery in
London,
although there are a few cases where the blanket policy...
Forum: London Transport January 11th 05, 08:00 PM
Replies: 136
Posted By Tony Wilson
London or Not (try to cross-post to uk.transport.kent ??)

London heritage??? We have been part of Kent for generations, and only
sucked into the Greater London...
Forum: London Transport January 11th 05, 06:50 AM
Replies: 136
Posted By Tony Wilson
Red buses

Of all the horrors of the early years of tendering in London, something
which really bugged me (out of all proportion if I'm honest!) was the taking
away of our red buses. This was particularly true...

Forum: London Transport January 8th 05, 12:02 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By Tony Wilson
Advantages of an Annual Travelcard??

I have exactly the same as you, and I did indeed receive a gold record
card (although contrary to the other poster, I recall this came with the
Oyster card... maybe I'm mistaken).

I already...
Forum: London Transport January 6th 05, 07:29 AM
Replies: 11
Posted By Tony Wilson
Advantages of an Annual Travelcard??

Hi folks - quick question.

I will be getting an annual zones 1-3 on my Oyster very shortly - what
are the advantages of having an annual season ticket other than the
reduced cost?...
Forum: London Transport February 24th 04, 06:53 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By Tony Wilson
Oyster pre-pay AND travelcard

I have a season for zones 1&2 and have added some pre-pay credit, and it has
successfully debited zone extensions when I've been into zone 3. (And,
correctly, no problem on buses out of zone.)

Note...
Forum: London Transport February 19th 04, 07:01 AM
Replies: 12
Posted By Tony Wilson
Lihuanian cars

Where do you live?

I'm in East London, and there are loads of Poles, Latvians and
Lithuanians living round here, and they have cars.

East London too- have mainly noticed them around...
Forum: London Transport February 18th 04, 05:46 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By Tony Wilson
Lihuanian cars

Just a query... I often see foreign cars on the streets of London, but why
is it that the vast majority are from Lithuania?? I know there are doubtless
Lithuanians in London, but there are certainly...
Showing results 1 to 19 of 19

Forum Jump