Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: SJCWHUK
Forum: London Transport April 30th 04, 05:21 PM
Replies: 68
Posted By SJCWHUK
How to spot ****s on the underground....

I have total sympathy for you. If its getting a real pain for you, when you
get to the tube station you are departing from, ask the Station Assistant if
they can radio through for a member of staff...
Forum: London Transport April 30th 04, 05:06 PM
Replies: 68
Posted By SJCWHUK
How to spot ****s on the underground....

This often happens and there is a simple tip on dealing with the problem.

If you sense a person that close and you suspect they are ''piggy backing''
on your ticket, walk slowly through the gates. ...
Forum: London Transport April 30th 04, 04:55 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By SJCWHUK
Oyster Prepay and Travelcards

Are those buggers testing the system again I wonder.....

If you think of Pre-Pay as just cash sitting on a card, LUL plan to allow
the purchase of paper tickets using your Oyster card as just...
Forum: London Transport April 28th 04, 03:24 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By SJCWHUK
Ticket Validity

Now THAT'S a good reason! :-)))))

Forum: London Transport April 27th 04, 06:24 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By SJCWHUK
Ticket Validity

A single ticket like I said is to travel from the starting station to
another. if the purpose is not to travel but to stay on the platform then a
platform ticket is the best option.

The question...
Forum: London Transport April 27th 04, 05:56 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By SJCWHUK
Zone passes valid on Night Buses?

Snap!

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 at 23:54:10, Lucretia
Forum: London Transport April 27th 04, 05:55 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By SJCWHUK
Incident at West Ham station

Yes there was a stabbing along Memorial Avenue and the road was closed as a
result. In fact the incident happened around 13.30 and as at 18.55 it was
still closed (had a nice detour through the...
Forum: London Transport April 25th 04, 10:10 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By SJCWHUK
Ticket Validity

OK is it a single journey. Well most people travel on the Underground to
get from A to B. Trips A to A are not what the Underground was meant for
:-)

Will you get into trouble doing it? I doubt...
Forum: London Transport April 20th 04, 08:53 AM
Replies: 23
Posted By SJCWHUK
Oyster PrePay on a bus

A very valid point you make and I agree! :-)
"SJCWHUK"...
Forum: London Transport April 18th 04, 11:48 PM
Replies: 23
Posted By SJCWHUK
Oyster PrePay on a bus

Ok here goes......

Pre-Pay Oyster is NOT available on bus services yet.

It hasn't been launched all they have done is let us know that it will be
coming. So it's a £1.00 cash. It matters not...
Forum: London Transport April 9th 04, 10:43 AM
Replies: 98
Posted By SJCWHUK
Disabled 'to sue for Tube access'

This subject line is getting a little heated! :-))

LUL are required by law to give access to Disabled passengers under this new
Act.

I assume the Act gave a time period for this to be done.

LUL...
Forum: London Transport April 8th 04, 11:57 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By SJCWHUK
Oyster prepay capping

Or they phone up HO to be told it isn't true and then find out the next day
it is and are given the low-down on it. Then find out 2 weeks later that
what they were told wasn't quite right because no...
Forum: London Transport April 8th 04, 11:51 PM
Replies: 98
Posted By SJCWHUK
Disabled 'to sue for Tube access'

OK for starters you can add Stockholm to the list of tube networks with
disabled access.

Wheelchair users and free travel - As far as I am aware ALL passengers must
have a ticket or other...
Forum: London Transport April 7th 04, 10:26 AM
Replies: 7
Posted By SJCWHUK
Canning Town footpaths

I have looked on a map and it would appear that the area is within L B Tower
Hamlets.

If you go to this link:

http://www.towerhamlets.gov.uk/templates/services/services-detail.cfm?sid=2234

Its the...
Forum: London Transport April 7th 04, 10:17 AM
Replies: 6
Posted By SJCWHUK
Oyster prepay capping

Not heard anything right now - but then generally speaking, customers hear
about it at the same time as staff :-)

BTW - yes it should calculate including buses.

"Dave Arquati" ...
Forum: London Transport April 7th 04, 10:12 AM
Replies: 3
Posted By SJCWHUK
Customer charter/Oyster

I believe there is a new design that incorporates charter now. Rather than
run around for one, just use the old form and scribble the Oyster card
number somewhere visible - it should be...
Forum: London Transport April 6th 04, 07:10 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By SJCWHUK
Oyster prepay capping

WHEN it comes in the capped fare will be according to what you travel and
when.

3 journeys in zone 1&2 cost £6.00
With capping on Pre-Pay:

1 - £2.00