Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Richard M Willis
Forum: London Transport June 9th 04, 07:05 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By Richard M Willis
Oyster Pre pay : how does it know what route I took ?

Traveling from, say, Chiswick Park to, say, Uxbridge, you
can opt to travel through zone 1, or avoid it by going
on the Rayner's Lane branch of the Piccadilly line.

Are there (still?) different...
Forum: London Transport June 9th 04, 09:21 AM
Replies: 93
Posted By Richard M Willis
Reduce Traffic - Turn left on a RED

Robin May wrote in message

[about my "superfluous green arrow" question]

I can think of one traffic light where a green light means you can go
forward and turn...
Forum: London Transport June 9th 04, 09:07 AM
Replies: 93
Posted By Richard M Willis
Reduce Traffic - Turn left on a RED

"Richard J." wrote in message news:MGsxc.1702
He was talking about US practice.

Ok. I thought I was going mad.

Richard [in PO7]
Forum: London Transport June 8th 04, 09:04 PM
Replies: 32
Posted By Richard M Willis
Those "Pre Pay users" Oyster validators

Annabel Smyth wrote in message

But why does this affect a Travelcard? I don't *have* any PrePay on my
card?

My understanding is that every Oyster card has pre...
Forum: London Transport June 8th 04, 08:57 PM
Replies: 32
Posted By Richard M Willis
Those "Pre Pay users" Oyster validators

So you're saying that you don't touch the validators when you enter a
DLR station, and you don't...
Forum: London Transport June 8th 04, 08:51 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Richard M Willis
Oyster PrePay from Paddington

"Anteateruk" wrote in

What would happen anyway - if you were stopped with prepay on the train then
I guess it wouldn't be valid when they checked it but if...
Forum: London Transport June 8th 04, 08:41 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Richard M Willis
Oyster PrePay from Paddington

In ,
Anteateruk ...
Forum: London Transport June 8th 04, 08:36 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Richard M Willis
Shoreditch Station

The existing station will close, and there'll be a new one, Shoreditch
High Street, he

Is the ELL Extension on again, then ? It's been on and off
for many years. What is the current proposed...
Forum: London Transport June 8th 04, 08:28 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By Richard M Willis
East Finchley - Why So Large???

So today I travelled on the High Barnet branch of the Northern Line
for the...
Forum: London Transport June 8th 04, 08:00 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Richard M Willis
Old odour or imagination?

Similarly, I used the East London Line last month,
after a 15-year gap.

There was this very distinctive smell in the trains
which I have only ever smelled on that line (when they were
using D78...
Forum: London Transport June 8th 04, 07:54 PM
Replies: 93
Posted By Richard M Willis
Reduce Traffic - Turn left on a RED

Solid green means that non-emergency vehicles may not legally cross the
road you are on (although they can turn right/left on...
Forum: London Transport June 8th 04, 07:36 PM
Replies: 93
Posted By Richard M Willis
Reduce Traffic - Turn left on a RED

Also, our emergency vehicles have what's known as an OptiCon System on
board. Basically it is a very specific white high...
Forum: London Transport June 8th 04, 07:15 PM
Replies: 93
Posted By Richard M Willis
Reduce Traffic - Turn left on a RED

Wouldn't it, just! I would die of frustration if I had to drive in the
USA, where every single intersection, no matter how minor,...
Forum: London Transport June 8th 04, 07:04 PM
Replies: 93
Posted By Richard M Willis
Reduce Traffic - Turn left on a RED

Whilst we at it can we have flashing Amber traffic lights meaning give way
on traffic lights that are not as...
Forum: London Transport June 8th 04, 06:48 PM
Replies: 93
Posted By Richard M Willis
Reduce Traffic - Turn left on a RED

"Rajesh Kakad \(BT\)" wrote in message news:c97fq7

So we should be able to turn LEFT at a RED light.

In general, I agree, but we do have a sort-of system where this...
Forum: London Transport June 8th 04, 06:39 PM
Replies: 66
Posted By Richard M Willis
Bottled water on tube

Might be an even better idea if they had some free water fountains on each
Forum: London Transport April 28th 04, 12:21 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Richard M Willis
Too many smelly people in London

MrBitsy wrote in message the track?

I actually put it under a seat for the engineering staff to deal with at
the depot.

Was the train on a depot journey...
Showing results 1 to 17 of 17

Forum Jump