Showing results 1 to 25 of 30
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: chris harrison
Forum: London Transport October 4th 05, 09:36 AM
Replies: 47
Posted By chris harrison
London Congestion charge spreads westward in 2007

Robert Campbell wrote:
You used "quality of life" in a discussion about London. This, to many
people who regard the area as an overhyped overpriced hellhole, might need
some...
Forum: London Transport October 3rd 05, 02:36 PM
Replies: 47
Posted By chris harrison
London Congestion charge spreads westward in 2007

Huge wrote:
Chris Tolley writes:

Paul Weaver wrote:

forced to risk a dangerous night bus

That's nonsense, and you know it. Night buses may be less than...
Forum: London Transport October 3rd 05, 02:09 PM
Replies: 47
Posted By chris harrison
London Congestion charge spreads westward in 2007

Colum Mylod wrote:
The smart way to reduce congestion (not that this expansion has it, 5%
of the area at most has congestion) is to close off zones and reduce
flow. Classic example Hammersmith...
Forum: London Transport September 19th 05, 05:03 PM
Replies: 162
Posted By chris harrison
Inevitable Cycle Enforcement

d wrote:
I'm just waiting for the cyclists to get a bug up their asses about this
like motorists do with speed cameras. Soon, cycle cops will have to wear
8-ft illuminated helmets, so...
Forum: London Transport September 15th 05, 03:37 PM
Replies: 162
Posted By chris harrison
Inevitable Cycle Fiasco

Neil Williams wrote:
On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 17:13:38 +0100, Edward Cowling London UK
wrote:

Surely it's time for cycles to be registered and insured ?

I...
Forum: London Transport August 17th 05, 12:04 PM
Replies: 13
Posted By chris harrison
Putney River Taxi

Paul Terry wrote:
Walking past Putney Pier at lunchtime today, I saw some publicity for a
new commuter service along the Thames between Putney and Blackfriars:

Forum: London Transport July 27th 05, 03:40 PM
Replies: 32
Posted By chris harrison
London Tube Murder

wrote:
each tube station has been ringed by police in very, very bright
yellow jackets. Only a complete idiot could fail to have noticed them.

Hands up the complete idiots then....
Forum: London Transport July 13th 05, 04:09 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By chris harrison
ICE - In Case of Emergency

elyob wrote:
As mentioned by a mate of mine, he wouldn't want medics calling Mum or Dad.
Dad being dead and Mum being a dribbling mess. But he does have people who
can be called.

The two...
Forum: London Transport July 8th 05, 10:18 AM
Replies: 6
Posted By chris harrison
London Explosions

Des wrote:

The really wierd thing is the nature of the explosions. You might expect
terrorist who have the need to conceal their devices to use high performance
plastique of some sort, even...
Forum: London Transport June 16th 05, 08:23 AM
Replies: 127
Posted By chris harrison
London to Brighton bike ride next week (blatant plug for me!)

Adrian wrote:
chris harrison ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :

Can you get a new bike for 100 quid, "worth having"?

I would never...
Forum: London Transport June 15th 05, 04:39 PM
Replies: 127

Adrian wrote:
chris harrison ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :
Can you get a new car for 5 grand? :)

Yes. List on some of the ropier stuff...
Forum: London Transport June 15th 05, 03:56 PM
Replies: 127

Adrian wrote:
chris harrison ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :

Now you're talking 5 grand for a new car, that's different than 5
grand for a...
Forum: London Transport June 15th 05, 03:41 PM
Replies: 127

Adrian wrote:
chris harrison ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :
Those are not typically factors considered when spending that sort of
amount on a...
Forum: London Transport June 15th 05, 01:39 PM
Replies: 127

Adrian wrote:
chris harrison ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :
But it is very similar to asking what a 50 grand car will get you that
a 5 grand one...
Forum: London Transport June 15th 05, 01:13 PM
Replies: 127

Adrian wrote:
chris harrison ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :
Also not average, but not unimaginable.

So where did "average" come into it?...
Forum: London Transport June 15th 05, 01:01 PM
Replies: 127
Posted By chris harrison
London to Brighton bike ride next week (blatant plug for me!)

kiko wrote:
If as Huge says being treated like a "proper road user" means being
"registered, licensed, tested, carry a registration plate" then Huge is
wrong if he thinks cyclists want that....
Forum: London Transport June 15th 05, 12:49 PM
Replies: 127

Adrian wrote:
chris harrison ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :

Second - what's wrong with spending 5K or so on a bike?

FWIW my rule...
Forum: London Transport June 15th 05, 09:04 AM
Replies: 127
Posted By chris harrison
London to Brighton bike ride next week (blatant plug for me!)

Adrian wrote:
Clive George ) gurgled happily, sounding much
like they were saying :

Forum: London Transport June 14th 05, 04:22 PM
Replies: 127
Posted By chris harrison
London to Brighton bike ride next week (blatant plug for me!)

Clive George wrote:
"Huge" wrote in message

You're a cyclist, and therefore a freeloader, a parasite,
a hypocrite.

Forum: London Transport June 14th 05, 02:28 PM
Replies: 127
Posted By chris harrison
London to Brighton bike ride next week (blatant plug for me!)

Clive wrote:
In message , chris harrison
writes

Huge finally succumbing to the realisation that sense and cycle-hating
Forum: London Transport June 13th 05, 04:04 PM
Replies: 127
Posted By chris harrison
London to Brighton bike ride next week (blatant plug for me!)

Huge wrote:
(Neil Williams) writes:

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 15:51:59 +0100, Barry Salter

Southern - Cycles will...
Forum: London Transport June 13th 05, 04:01 PM
Replies: 127
Posted By chris harrison
London to Brighton bike ride next week (blatant plug for me!)

Huge wrote:
sensible
Sounds bleeding stupid to me. The trains are virtually empty at weekends,
so who's going to care?
/sensible

cyclist-hater
Forum: London Transport April 26th 05, 02:12 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By chris harrison
Standard Vans

Chris! wrote:
chris harrison wrote:

It's not strictly speaking transport in London, but does anyone have
contact details for the concern that operates the vans that

distribute

the...
Forum: London Transport April 26th 05, 02:05 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By chris harrison
Standard Vans

Forum: London Transport April 26th 05, 01:55 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By chris harrison
Standard Vans

Adrian wrote:
chris harrison ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :

It's not strictly speaking transport in London, but does anyone have
contact...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 30

Forum Jump