Showing results 1 to 25 of 81
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Mrs Redboots
Forum: London Transport November 30th 04, 01:19 PM
Replies: 33
Posted By Mrs Redboots
What would a Gatwick to Liverpool Street service require?

Paul Scott wrote to uk.transport.london on Tue, 30 Nov 2004:

These "wouldn't it be great...
Forum: London Transport November 29th 04, 05:02 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By Mrs Redboots
Wendys at Heathrow

Grebbsy McLaren wrote to uk.transport.london on Mon, 29 Nov 2004:

It was a dark and stormy night when Ian F. wrote
in article ...
"Paul...
Forum: London Transport November 28th 04, 06:44 PM
Replies: 20
Posted By Mrs Redboots
Jammed doors reoppening

Roger wrote to uk.transport.london on Sun, 28 Nov 2004:

1995, 1996 and, I assume, 1992 - I think that's all.
Will only re-open (all) the doors on the car(s) that have been detected as
having...
Forum: London Transport November 28th 04, 05:58 PM
Replies: 31
Posted By Mrs Redboots
The BBC on Crossrail

John Rowland wrote to uk.transport.london on Sun, 28 Nov 2004:

I couldn't disagree...
Forum: London Transport November 27th 04, 12:01 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Mrs Redboots
Goods trains

Wembley is the major international freight yard for the London area - most
of the traffic that uses that yard (and Willesden Brent) is...
Forum: London Transport November 27th 04, 10:37 AM
Replies: 9
Posted By Mrs Redboots
Goods trains

Paul Terry wrote to uk.transport.london on Fri, 26 Nov 2004:

In message , Mrs
Redboots writes

I was waiting for a...
Forum: London Transport November 27th 04, 10:35 AM
Replies: 9
Posted By Mrs Redboots
Goods trains

Jack Taylor wrote to uk.transport.london on Fri, 26 Nov 2004:

I was waiting for...
Forum: London Transport November 26th 04, 03:25 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Mrs Redboots
Goods trains

I was waiting for a connection at Denmark Hill station the other day,
having travelled from Clapham High Street, and heading onwards to
Lewisham. I was amazed how many goods trains I saw on that...
Forum: London Transport November 25th 04, 03:41 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By Mrs Redboots
You're not going to believe this!

Its the magnetic strip getting wiped by something. Common cause is a
magnetic clip on a wallet of handbag where it is kept. Another...
Forum: London Transport November 25th 04, 10:00 AM
Replies: 11
Posted By Mrs Redboots
Aldgate Delays

Brimstone wrote to uk.transport.london on Thu, 25 Nov 2004:

Mrs Redboots wrote:

I *thought* they had dedicated platforms at Gloucester Road, too?

Only one, on the Outer Rail.

Thanks.
Forum: London Transport November 25th 04, 07:44 AM
Replies: 11
Posted By Mrs Redboots
Aldgate Delays

Brimstone wrote to uk.transport.london on Thu, 25 Nov 2004:

When the circle line...
Forum: London Transport November 24th 04, 05:28 PM
Replies: 49
Posted By Mrs Redboots
East London Line extension news

John Rowland wrote to uk.transport.london on Wed, 24 Nov 2004:

Wandsworth Road...
Forum: London Transport November 24th 04, 05:06 PM
Replies: 60
Posted By Mrs Redboots
Late-night Tube plan announced

Kevin wrote to uk.transport.london on Wed, 24 Nov 2004:

Lets face it, they wont be able to prevent overruns. At least at
present, if the service starts an hour late the service does start
before...
Forum: London Transport November 24th 04, 11:11 AM
Replies: 277
Posted By Mrs Redboots
Eurostar to quit Waterloo

TP wrote to uk.transport.london on Wed, 24 Nov 2004:

There is a world outside of London where people live and commute. You seem
to be suggesting that...
Forum: London Transport November 24th 04, 11:09 AM
Replies: 277
Posted By Mrs Redboots
Eurostar to quit Waterloo

There is nothing wrong with that suggestion. But when there isn't a business
case for two terminals then one will have to close....
Forum: London Transport November 23rd 04, 06:21 AM
Replies: 49
Posted By Mrs Redboots
East London Line extension news

Is there still a plan to open a station at Brixton? This would be a really
useful interchange for any SLL/orbital...
Forum: London Transport November 23rd 04, 06:19 AM
Replies: 12
Posted By Mrs Redboots
The sound of running water on the Jubilee Line

Well, there you are. The running water sound, described in this thread,
sounds like, well, water that is running - trickling -...
Forum: London Transport November 23rd 04, 06:17 AM
Replies: 277
Posted By Mrs Redboots
Eurostar to quit Waterloo

It's easy: get off at Vauxhall, get on the Victoria Line, get off at
KXSP. That is one of the easiest cross-London transfers ever. If...
Forum: London Transport November 19th 04, 08:32 PM
Replies: 16
Posted By Mrs Redboots
Trivia: Victorian double-decker trains?

Sounds like me as a toddler on the rare occasions I was taken on
Birmingham trams. Where can we see one of those today? We...
Forum: London Transport November 18th 04, 01:17 PM
Replies: 31
Posted By Mrs Redboots
Electronic bus destination blinds

Colin Rosenstiel wrote to uk.transport.london on Wed, 17 Nov 2004:

In article ,

Colin Rosenstiel...
Forum: London Transport November 17th 04, 07:29 PM
Replies: 277
Posted By Mrs Redboots
Eurostar to quit Waterloo

What were platforms 20-24 used for before construction of the Eurostar
terminal? They looked forlorn and neglected the only time I...
Forum: London Transport November 17th 04, 03:29 PM
Replies: 35
Posted By Mrs Redboots
Too many bus stops in london?

Fortunately London streets are well supplied with benches, so it's
likely that a walk of more than 200m can be split into two or...
Forum: London Transport November 17th 04, 11:38 AM
Replies: 31
Posted By Mrs Redboots
Electronic bus destination blinds

I'm not so sure about that. Speaking from over 25 years working for the
company that made the radios for Tramlink and other PT,...
Forum: London Transport November 16th 04, 08:56 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Mrs Redboots
Baskerville Clock - Liverpool Street

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote to uk.transport.london on Tue, 16 Nov 2004:

I was sad enough to surf the gifts on the TfL website.

I saw this clock...
Forum: London Transport November 16th 04, 08:54 PM
Replies: 277
Posted By Mrs Redboots
Eurostar to quit Waterloo

Paul Terry wrote to uk.transport.london on Tue, 16 Nov 2004:

In message , Mrs
Redboots writes

Mait001 wrote to...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 81