Showing results 1 to 25 of 28
Search took 0.07 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Chris Johns
Forum: London Transport February 2nd 09, 01:13 PM
Replies: 103
Posted By Chris Johns
Euston Station

On Mon, 2 Feb 2009, Stephen Furley wrote:

Just about every American station I've seen, and I admit I haven't seen very
many, is horrible at track level. At Newark Penn the tracks are at an
Forum: London Transport December 18th 08, 10:45 AM
Replies: 70
Posted By Chris Johns
Coffee & ITSO

On Thu, 18 Dec 2008, Robert wrote:

This could be adopted for all sorts of other transactions. even ruggedised to
work on buses. The buses in Munich are fitted with coin operated ticket
Forum: London Transport April 30th 08, 07:24 AM
Replies: 49
Posted By Chris Johns
The 'South London Overground' and the Mayoral election

On Tue, 29 Apr 2008, Graeme Wall wrote:

Wow, it's like having our very own automatic Daily Mail Talking Point-
bot.

[snip]

Neither of which statements are true.

I don't think the...
Forum: London Transport April 29th 08, 11:58 AM
Replies: 49
Posted By Chris Johns
The 'South London Overground' and the Mayoral election

On Tue, 29 Apr 2008, Michael Whitson wrote:

So Mr.Band it appears that you are in favour of vote rigging? Perhaps you
would like this country to descend to the level of Zimbabwe?

Don't worry,...
Forum: London Transport September 8th 07, 10:05 AM
Replies: 40
Posted By Chris Johns
GNER train question

On Fri, 7 Sep 2007, wrote:

True. Very True.
Or if you have people used to flying, they are off looking for seat
21A (must be in the same row as 21B 21C...)

If all...
Forum: London Transport August 3rd 07, 11:45 AM
Replies: 79
Posted By Chris Johns
Grit in the Oyster

On Fri, 3 Aug 2007, Roland Perry wrote:

So are they suggesting everyone waves their phone screen at the
barriers, having fumbled around to retrieve a picture message with a
barcode on it? And...
Forum: London Transport July 16th 07, 03:29 PM
Replies: 55
Posted By Chris Johns
Oh dear - commuter services out of Euston today, poor incidentplanning and the BTP

On Mon, 16 Jul 2007, Sam Wilson wrote:

The trouble is that they scroll and not very efficiently at that (the
messages seem to be fixed length so a short message leaves the display
blank for a...
Forum: London Transport June 9th 07, 07:36 PM
Replies: 27
Posted By Chris Johns
Pickpocket North London Line

On Sat, 9 Jun 2007, wrote:

Two years ago a little scrote threw a pot of paint over my car what
did the magistrates do six months custodial sentence four of which
served...
Forum: London Transport January 5th 07, 05:33 PM
Replies: 160
Posted By Chris Johns
Is Edinburgh on the Tube?

On Fri, 5 Jan 2007, Fig wrote:

I'd rather you said "Ding-ding, ding-ding, ding-ding, ding-ding" ;-) but you
obviously get my drift. I like the cut of your jib.

Don't go overboard.
--
Chris...
Forum: London Transport January 3rd 07, 10:18 PM
Replies: 160
Posted By Chris Johns
Is Edinburgh on the Tube?

On Wed, 3 Jan 2007, Mark Goodge wrote:

Well, that is one of the disadvantages of the Beck map; it doesn't
give much in the way of clues about the actual geographical proximity
of some stations...
Forum: London Transport January 3rd 07, 05:12 PM
Replies: 160
Posted By Chris Johns
Is Edinburgh on the Tube?

On Wed, 3 Jan 2007, Nick Pedley wrote:

As some of you may be aware I work on that big white wheel in central London
and part of the job includes answering questions as best as we can. Trouble
Forum: London Transport November 16th 06, 01:00 PM
Replies: 25
Posted By Chris Johns
The first bow-string arch bridge in Britain to carry a railway

On Thu, 16 Nov 2006, Peter Fox wrote:

Forum: London Transport October 10th 06, 02:24 PM
Replies: 59
Posted By Chris Johns
Thank you First, for nearly getting me killed last night.

On Tue, 10 Oct 2006, notbresson wrote:

Lets reclaim publicly used space for the vast majority of ordinary decent
people to come and go as they please without running the gauntlet of the
Forum: London Transport October 10th 06, 10:20 AM
Replies: 59
Posted By Chris Johns
Thank you First, for nearly getting me killed last night.

As there was a child involved I would have called the police in any
case. I'm not sure that pulling the alarm achieved much. Why did...
Forum: London Transport October 10th 06, 10:11 AM
Replies: 59
Posted By Chris Johns
Thank you First, for nearly getting me killed last night.

On Sun, 8 Oct 2006, allan tracy wrote:

Yet, there are those countries where women and children will quite
happily venture out late at night to use public transport and in
complete...
Forum: London Transport September 16th 06, 10:40 PM
Replies: 112
Posted By Chris Johns
2 jailed for railway graffiti

On Sat, 16 Sep 2006, Ken Ward wrote:

There may be an initial expenditure excess in the "Death Penalty" but, over
time it will work out cheaper. An excellent reason to adopt it along with
the...
Forum: London Transport July 11th 06, 08:19 AM
Replies: 79
Posted By Chris Johns
North Greenwich and the naming of stations (was London Terminalsand Thameslink)

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006, Roland Perry wrote:

However, 'one' has introduced a few through trains a day between
Peterborough and Liverpool St (via Ipswich), so you there's a possible
confusion...
Forum: London Transport July 6th 06, 08:58 AM
Replies: 84
Posted By Chris Johns
Park and ride systems (was Letter from TfL to FCC)

On Thu, 6 Jul 2006, Rupert Candy wrote:

and the latter, IMHO, is much more sensible since the cost doesn't rise
based on the number of passengers in your car. (In Canterbury, for
example,...
Forum: London Transport July 5th 06, 12:08 PM
Replies: 84
Posted By Chris Johns
Letter from TfL to FCC

On Wed, 5 Jul 2006, Roland Perry wrote:

IMO, because of the operational limits it causes, route branding
doesn't really work.

It "really works" round here. And not just simple branding like...
Forum: London Transport June 7th 06, 09:54 AM
Replies: 52
Posted By Chris Johns
Shoreditch RIP

On Wed, 7 Jun 2006, dwb wrote:

Considering that the ELL will go from nowhere to nowhere it seems alot
of money to spend.

It's not just about the present, it's about the future too.

It...
Forum: London Transport June 5th 06, 09:13 AM
Replies: 65
Posted By Chris Johns
West London Tram to go ahead

On Sun, 4 Jun 2006, Neil Williams wrote:

The ticket machine's crashed on both of my ftr rides so far -
unfortunately after I'd got on and successfully bought a ticket...
Bad software,...
Forum: London Transport June 3rd 06, 05:33 PM
Replies: 65
Posted By Chris Johns
West London Tram to go ahead

On Sat, 3 Jun 2006, Neil Williams wrote:

Any word on what these teething difficulties are, and why it's so
difficult to operate what is basically a fancy bendy bus with fancy
ticket machines...
Forum: London Transport June 3rd 06, 05:19 PM
Replies: 65
Posted By Chris Johns
West London Tram to go ahead

On Sat, 3 Jun 2006, londoncityslicker wrote:

So I really see not a lot of difference to what we already have.
I can see why Tfl may want to do this solely as a replacement for the
existing...
Forum: London Transport June 2nd 06, 02:26 PM
Replies: 65
Posted By Chris Johns
West London Tram to go ahead

'We are working hard to make sure that we deliver the highest standards
of service and appreciate your patience as we deal with the issues...
Forum: London Transport June 2nd 06, 02:23 PM
Replies: 65
Posted By Chris Johns
West London Tram to go ahead

On Fri, 2 Jun 2006, Paul Scott wrote:

The plans are then still subject to the Transport Secretary approval - see
Liverpool, SE Hants etc etc

It's in London - that won't be a problem.
--
Chris...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 28

Forum Jump