Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: 3518+3227
Forum: London Transport October 26th 03, 07:26 PM
Replies: 14
Posted By 3518+3227
Derailed trains

wrote in message ...
If they haven't been completely robbed by then!

That doesn't stop them repairing the immediate damage, and then deciding that it's too expensive to...
Forum: London Transport October 26th 03, 07:23 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By 3518+3227
Probly a silly question - Victoria line

Chris p wrote in message ...
Is it always that bloody hot?? getting off the picadilly at green park
to go via the victoria to euston i was almost suffocated by the heat.....

Because there are...
Forum: London Transport October 26th 03, 10:43 AM
Replies: 14
Posted By 3518+3227
Derailed trains

Robin May wrote in message ...
What happens to them? I mean, what happened to the one involved in the
Chancery Lane derailment?

The undamaged part of the train is back in service, however the...
Forum: London Transport October 17th 03, 09:01 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By 3518+3227
Shepherd's Bush on the Central Line - another platform?

For the first time ever I entered the Central Line at Shepherd's Bush. Just
before I went down the last set of stairs to the platform, I saw a closed
exit and what looked like a tunnel going...
Forum: London Transport October 12th 03, 11:05 PM
Replies: 15
Posted By 3518+3227
Heathrow to Portland St

Wanderingjew698 wrote in message ...
Whats the best way there on a sat night about 10 pm with the least walking or
going up stairs?

If going by LU,...
Forum: London Transport October 12th 03, 04:05 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By 3518+3227
most pickpocketed tube stop

j wrote in message ...
Last week I was pickpocketed (or pick-bagged) on the tube. Between Holborn
and StPauls, at 8:30am. Curious, what so people here think would be the most
pick-pocket laden...
Forum: London Transport October 11th 03, 03:03 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By 3518+3227
Crossrail and the District line

Robin Cox wrote in message ...

How about sending them to Northfields? There are...
Forum: London Transport October 1st 03, 08:43 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By 3518+3227
Baker St. Bakerloo and Jubilee

Matthew P Jones wrote in message ...
1) What was the arrangement of the Bakerloo at Baker Street before the
Jubilee - I assume it branched off in different directions north of
Baker Street, but...
Forum: London Transport September 16th 03, 01:14 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By 3518+3227
Copper Wires

David Baxter wrote in message ...
Also, purely out of curiosity, what -do- all those thick cables do? I always
assumed tube trains were hooked up to the power and negative tracks.

Depends which...
Forum: London Transport August 29th 03, 06:37 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By 3518+3227
Power Cut

CJG wrote in message ...
Even L.U staff don't have enough hatred for commuters to electrocute
them.

Bringing the power station into life does not mean that power supply is restored to the tracks...
Forum: London Transport August 28th 03, 07:42 PM
Replies: 114
Posted By 3518+3227
BREAKING NEWS!! Power Cut affecting Railways in the South East

Interesting. I thought the Underground still took its juice from Lots Road
(ie its own dedicated power station). Or is...
Forum: London Transport July 17th 03, 09:19 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By 3518+3227
Marylebone Tube Closed Morning Rush Hour

Clive wrote in message ...
I'm not at odds with the above, but didn't the news at the time say the
majority of the death's occurred because of cyanide given of from the
paint used on the barrel...
Forum: London Transport July 16th 03, 11:40 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By 3518+3227
Marylebone Tube Closed Morning Rush Hour

Dave wrote in message ...
And they replaced the wood on all the wooden escalators (or at least all
that I have seen) save the wooden treads - which are hardly a huge fire
risk.

According to...
Forum: London Transport July 13th 03, 04:47 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By 3518+3227
Marylebone Tube Closed Morning Rush Hour

CJG wrote in message ...
In message , 3518+3227
writes
Presumably, in the morning peak, they think the passenger load would be
too much to...
Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

Forum Jump