Showing results 1 to 24 of 24
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Forum: London Transport January 13th 07, 05:09 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Where was today's derailment?

Albert wrote:
On Sat, 13 Jan 2007 17:13:04 +0000, Albert albert@se-england wrote:

The BBC are reporting a derailment between Mertsham and Coulsdon
South. That is a fair distance with a...
Forum: London Transport January 7th 07, 05:48 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
London: A Life In Maps - with a question about Abercrombie's eastern airport

Tom Anderson wrote:
Evening all,

.. I recognised Heathrow, Northolt (i think) and the one down
near Croydon, but there was also one shown to the east, within the M25,
north of the river (i...
Forum: London Transport January 3rd 07, 07:49 PM
Replies: 33
Posted By [email protected]
Train drivers

wrote:
Do London Underground train drivers all drive on the same line or do they
swap lines?

Just the one line, as a rule (it's not as easy as you might think)
Forum: London Transport January 3rd 07, 05:11 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
East London Line closure on 22 Dec 2007

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
Whatever a pain FCC are (and they are), poor timekeeping isn't one of
their major problems. They have continued the improvement started by WAGN
about a year...
Forum: London Transport January 3rd 07, 10:24 AM
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
East London Line closure on 22 Dec 2007

Boltar wrote:
Colin Rosenstiel wrote:

In article ,

FCC couldn't run the proverbial...
Forum: London Transport January 2nd 07, 01:10 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
East London Line closure on 22 Dec 2007

Remember how long the Heathrow loop (Picadilly) closed for to allow
construction of the T5 branch? My guess is it's due to a total H&S
phobia of trains moving anywhere near workers (of course you can...
Forum: London Transport December 21st 06, 09:55 PM
Replies: 46
Posted By [email protected]
Thameslink 2012?

So - do we think they're actually trying to move this thing forward, or
are they spending £30 million purely as a further delaying tactic?
Forum: London Transport November 10th 06, 07:39 AM
Replies: 14
Posted By [email protected]
Tidal flooding in Chiswick

John Rowland wrote:
wrote:

The spring tides are higher in March and October -

Why?

equinoxes - ie sun and moon pulling together instead of in opposite
directions.
Forum: London Transport November 9th 06, 06:04 PM
Replies: 14
Posted By [email protected]
Tidal flooding in Chiswick

Boltar wrote:
John Rowland wrote:

According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/River_Thames,

"One such example exists at Chiswick Lane South in London's W4 postal
district, where...
Forum: London Transport November 5th 06, 11:16 AM
Replies: 21
Posted By [email protected]
Saturday Parking in Kingston Upon Thames

tim(yet another new home) wrote:
Forum: London Transport November 3rd 06, 01:21 PM
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
Olympia quirk

Paul Corfield wrote:
On Wed, 01 Nov 2006 20:46:40 +0000, Dave Arquati
wrote:

On Wed, 01 Nov 2006 00:08:01 +0000, Dave Arquati
Forum: London Transport November 3rd 06, 12:21 PM
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
Do national rail tickets work at Faringdon?

Heracles Pollux wrote:
"Paul Weaver" wrote in message
zin92 wrote:

Forum: London Transport October 26th 06, 10:21 AM
Replies: 40
Posted By [email protected]
London Hauptbahnhof

Mizter T wrote:
I'm fascinated by these postwar notions of STOLports everywhere!
Reading about the development of London City Airport it would seem that
in the 80's people were pretty certain...
Forum: London Transport October 25th 06, 10:14 AM
Replies: 40
Posted By [email protected]
London Hauptbahnhof

John Rowland wrote:
Mizter T wrote:
Tom Anderson wrote:

That way a terrorist strike on a single station causes minimal
Forum: London Transport October 19th 06, 07:57 AM
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Pimlico Station Question

Bessborough St (north side) would be the main entry - you could say
'corner of Bessborough and Rampayne' to be safe (after a glance at A
to Z). Really, it's a tiny station, won't be a problem.

Ian...
Forum: London Transport October 14th 06, 01:01 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
London travellig - could You help me?

Yes - see www.tfl.gov.uk - Travel For London website.

Jim wrote:
Hello,

i will be visiting London from 26.10.06 to 30.10.06
Could You suggest me how is to best way to 'move' in London...
Forum: London Transport October 13th 06, 09:33 PM
Replies: 18
Posted By [email protected]
Probably stupid routing question - London, Cambridge and Norwich

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
An Anglia Day Ranger would be cheaper at a tenner each way.

A Cambridge-London SDS is 17.90GBP (CDS 17.50GBP), and a
Cambridge-Norwich SVR is only 16.70

So...
Forum: London Transport October 11th 06, 09:44 AM
Replies: 18
Posted By [email protected]
Probably stupid routing question - London, Cambridge and Norwich

No need for cycle reservations, at least south of Cambridge, although
the times you can take them on trains is getting a bit more
restrictive.

Print@Home tickets - see...
Forum: London Transport October 11th 06, 07:22 AM
Replies: 18
Posted By [email protected]
Probably stupid routing question - London, Cambridge and Norwich

Clive D. W. Feather wrote:
you should
check (I'm not on line at the moment, so can't). Also look into the
Anglia Ranger, or whatever it's called now, which is valid from
Cambridge to Norwich...
Forum: London Transport October 1st 06, 04:35 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
track (anoraks only)

This was the route the Heathrow-London stopping service was going to
use (to St Pancras) - before it became Heathrow Connect and went to
Paddington just like Heathrow Express.

Forum: London Transport September 27th 06, 06:55 PM
Replies: 27
Posted By [email protected]
London - Kiev comparisons

Buenos Aires also does that multiple names for the same station thing.
The New York Metrocard is paper, not plastic - I have one here as a
bookmark somewhere. What annoys me is that you need a US...
Forum: London Transport March 9th 06, 11:02 AM
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
big blue buildings

It's an academy or college or whatever they call schools these days.
Forum: London Transport February 23rd 06, 05:21 PM
Replies: 68
Posted By [email protected]
Rail link scheme a priority

northward links from Aylesbury to Bletchley, Milton Keynes and
Bedford
seem unlikely to ever take place
Really? I'd have thought there was a decent chance - there is a huge
amount of new housing...
Forum: London Transport February 23rd 06, 10:03 AM
Replies: 68
Posted By [email protected]
Rail link scheme a priority

reducing the line limit to 90 mph south of stevenage
Why would you want to do that? There are no trains on the fast lines
that do less than 100, and the 365s can do more than that if pressed.
The...
Showing results 1 to 24 of 24

Forum Jump