Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Keith Marshall
Forum: London Transport January 9th 05, 10:11 AM
Replies: 117
Posted By Keith Marshall
London Squares

Nearly all London squares have a clockwise one-way system, even
though when all of the roads in and out of the square are one-way, an
anti-clockwise one-way system is superior

Very unlucky...
Forum: London Transport July 17th 04, 07:25 PM
Replies: 19
Posted By Keith Marshall
Famous people on UK railway stations

I was probably there collecting my baggage too! Er...nice to see you
again

Thank you! Sorry I didn't hang around but one of the VP crew got upset
at Belgian Customes asking for some of their...
Forum: London Transport July 17th 04, 11:33 AM
Replies: 19
Posted By Keith Marshall
Famous people on UK railway stations

Blimey! I spent a few weeks shepherding Village People around Europe,
so I may have been on that plane too - was it in the early 1980s?

Yes, this was somewhere between mid-81 (I think) and...
Forum: London Transport July 15th 04, 06:06 PM
Replies: 19
Posted By Keith Marshall
Famous people on UK railway stations

I'll add ...

Eddie Butler (Rugby player & commentator) at Reading station.
Bob Willis (former England Cricket Captain) on train from London to
Birmingham.

Once (many years ago) I travelled on the...
Forum: London Transport November 16th 03, 04:58 PM
Replies: 24
Posted By Keith Marshall
The Singing Tracks at Turnham Green

We get the same effect at Hassocks on the Brighton line. It is
vibration of the conductor rail.
But at Turnham Green it starts well before the outside conductor rail
switches position....
Forum: London Transport November 16th 03, 10:27 AM
Replies: 24
Posted By Keith Marshall
The Singing Tracks at Turnham Green

I have not heard this anywhere else on the Underground except at
Turnham Green

Listen carefully and you'll hear it at just about any over-ground tube
station where there is a log stretch of...
Forum: London Transport September 12th 03, 06:07 PM
Replies: 26
Posted By Keith Marshall
Good evening ladies and gentlemen

I'd agree that using a standard phrase like "Good evening, Ladies &
Gentlemen" was a good way to get passengers attention prior to the meat
of the message. But I don't see why the phraseology...
Forum: London Transport August 2nd 03, 06:11 PM
Replies: 0
Posted By Keith Marshall
Temple Bar

I don't think even one Routemaster could get underneath it! The arch
is too low.

No double decker bus would go thru' Temple Bar. Even one of today's
single deckers would be a squeeze, I would...
Forum: London Transport August 1st 03, 06:13 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By Keith Marshall
Temple Bar

I'm not at all surprised Temple Bar is a bit fragile as its been sitting
totally neglected in those woods for ... oh, it had been there ages when
I was a kid round there 50 years ago! Good to see...
Forum: London Transport July 17th 03, 09:14 AM
Replies: 8
Posted By Keith Marshall
Parking near Greenford

Is there any parking (paid or otherwise) near to Greenford tube
station?

Absolutely none. The area around Greenford tube is very congested and
there is no parking whatsoever. Even on-street...
Forum: London Transport July 16th 03, 10:25 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By Keith Marshall
Whitton Avenue East / West

Whitton Avenue East/West is an A-road and as such can hardly be
described as a rat-run

No it is a main road ... the rats run down my road to avoid those
lights. :-(

*Keith*
Forum: London Transport July 14th 03, 10:40 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By Keith Marshall
Whitton Avenue East / West

If you mean Whitton Ave, in Sudbury/Greenford/Northolt, then I used
to live in the area and have no memory of it beiing dual.

I still do live in that area -- like 150 yards off Whitton Avenue...
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

Forum Jump