Showing results 1 to 25 of 130
Search took 0.15 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Sky Rider
Forum: London Transport January 12th 10, 09:07 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By Sky Rider
Oyster PAYG gateline experiment

Earlier today I did some PAYG experiments. In this post, 'travelling' is
defined as time spent in the 'paid' side of station facilities as well
as the train/tube.

I travelled from Liverpool Street...
Forum: London Transport November 7th 09, 11:02 AM
Replies: 20
Posted By Sky Rider
Oyster PAYG twixt Viccy and Balham

According to Southern it should be enabled tomorrow.

http://www.southernrailway.com/tickets-and-fares/ticket-types/oyster-card/
Forum: London Transport April 3rd 09, 07:27 PM
Replies: 42
Posted By Sky Rider
St Pancras Low Level

Paul Scott wrote:

Only 6 (might be 8?) tph are intended to transfer from GN onto Thameslink

There will be 16tph from the MML from Dec 2011 onwards, leaving room for
8tph.

8/16 tph flat...
Forum: London Transport April 3rd 09, 07:20 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By Sky Rider
NXEA new trains announced

wrote:

The new Stansted Express trains are due
late 2011 I think.

Based on current progress, NXEA will still be waiting for some of them,
as will Southern and...
Forum: London Transport April 3rd 09, 01:32 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By Sky Rider
NXEA new trains announced

Theo Markettos wrote:

In uk.railway Steve M wrote:

Sounds like an opportunity to put up the ticket prices on the Stansted
Express *even more*.

Oh how I...
Forum: London Transport October 31st 08, 04:53 PM
Replies: 0
Posted By Sky Rider
6 Thameslink services to avoid after March 2009

With all the noise being made about longer Thameslink trains in the
coming months, it turns out that even when the remaining Southern 319s
and new 377/5s are fully acquired in March 2009, there...
Forum: London Transport October 26th 08, 03:31 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By Sky Rider
Route 388 & Temple

Chris Read wrote:

I wonder when the Embankment extension will happen?

Bus route 388 will be extended to Embankment on November 1.

http://www.londontravelwatch.org.uk/news.php?id=615
Forum: London Transport October 19th 08, 05:20 PM
Replies: 64
Posted By Sky Rider
Visible signs of Thameslink 2000

Roland Perry wrote:

The L_A_P platform looked pretty much finished when I trundled through
last week. More than you can say for EM Parkway.

The TLP inauguration was marked by a ceremony at...
Forum: London Transport October 19th 08, 01:26 PM
Replies: 64
Posted By Sky Rider
Visible signs of Thameslink 2000

Rupert Candy wrote:

They've started piling at the southern end of Blackfriars railway bridge (by the old bridge supports) - presumably
for the second river crossing

Not exactly. It's being used...
Forum: London Transport September 15th 08, 11:41 AM
Replies: 1
Posted By Sky Rider
Oyster pads on First Capital Connect ticket machines

Recently it appears that the FCC Scheidt & Bachmann ticket machines now
have Oyster pads of the bulky type. As yet they are not operational.
Forum: London Transport September 10th 08, 11:48 AM
Replies: 0
Posted By Sky Rider
Network Rail now on Northern Ticket Hall / Western Concourse site

According to a member of SkyscraperCity, the handover of the Northern
Ticket Hall site at King's Cross St Pancras (presumably just at ground
level) had taken place recently. This is a critical...
Forum: London Transport August 10th 08, 06:45 PM
Replies: 27
Posted By Sky Rider
Blackfriars closure

Clive Page wrote:
I'm sure you are right. I hardly ever used to use Blackfriars, but
recently have been using it on almost every visit to London, because the
interchange (although involving...
Forum: London Transport August 9th 08, 11:07 AM
Replies: 27
Posted By Sky Rider
Blackfriars closure

Paul Scott wrote:

cheers

:-)

You're welcome.
Forum: London Transport August 7th 08, 03:14 PM
Replies: 27
Posted By Sky Rider
Blackfriars closure

Mortimer wrote:

Interesting: I'd thought that it was the Thameslink platforms as well.

There will be a major blockade for three/four weeks at London
Blackfriars (mainline) within the next few...
Forum: London Transport June 10th 08, 01:24 PM
Replies: 33
Posted By Sky Rider
Blackfriars - SET services after December 2008

eNautilus wrote:

So, in summary, the current very reliable and punctual
Sevenoaks-Blackfriars service, as operated by SET, will be replaced by a
much less reliable, frequently cancelled and...
Forum: London Transport June 6th 08, 07:33 PM
Replies: 33
Posted By Sky Rider
Blackfriars - SET services after December 2008

Rupert Candy wrote:

I presume we (for I am one) are to get the entirely unrefurbished
319/0s, rather than the pink and purple reasonably-well-refurbished
examples.

Knowing how often...
Forum: London Transport June 6th 08, 02:35 PM
Replies: 33
Posted By Sky Rider
Blackfriars - SET services after December 2008

Paul Scott wrote:

They will be running through to at least Kentish Town, possibly further,
although March 2009 is now believed to be the start date.

FCC drivers are currently training on...

Forum: London Transport June 6th 08, 02:07 PM
Replies: 33
Posted By Sky Rider
Blackfriars - SET services after December 2008

MIG wrote:

Will we get 12-car trains on Thameslink before we get them on "Kent
Link"?

Network Rail are planning to introduce 12-car services on all
Southeastern suburban routes via London...
Forum: London Transport June 5th 08, 01:21 PM
Replies: 33
Posted By Sky Rider
Blackfriars - SET services after December 2008

Sky Rider wrote:

and then up services

Please ignore that bit. I stand by the rest of my comments though.
Forum: London Transport June 5th 08, 01:17 PM
Replies: 33
Posted By Sky Rider
Blackfriars - SET services after December 2008

Andy wrote:

I'm not sure why the off-peak joint TL/SER services would have to run
ECS to cricklewood sidings. There is spare platform capacity (4
platforms, 6 tracks) at Kentish Town and the...
Forum: London Transport June 4th 08, 09:09 PM
Replies: 33
Posted By Sky Rider
Blackfriars - SET services after December 2008

Mizter T wrote:

I presume terminating the other off-peak trains at City Thameslink and
then perhaps parking them up in the Smithfield sidings until they're
due to head south again is...
Forum: London Transport April 10th 08, 08:09 PM
Replies: 62
Posted By Sky Rider
Thameslink NGEMU procurement - now in motion

Capt. Deltic wrote:

FCC inferred from their net gain that they got 192 vehicles for KO. I
made it 100. I think I am right..

Which KO? Is it still 92 for KO0 and 100 for KO1 as before?

Forum: London Transport April 9th 08, 08:59 PM
Replies: 62
Posted By Sky Rider
Thameslink NGEMU procurement - now in motion

Roland Perry wrote:

Do you think that'll involve giving the whole Hitchin-Cambridge route
the chop (from Thameslink)?

The ECML (Phase 2) option is currently set at 55 vehicles. While I am
not...
Forum: London Transport April 9th 08, 08:47 PM
Replies: 62
Posted By Sky Rider
Thameslink NGEMU procurement - now in motion

Paul Scott wrote:

I suspect the 'public' shortening of the routes north of the Thames can only
be a matter of time - you may recall how the Kings Lynn route suddenly
appeared in line for the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 130

Forum Jump