Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Joe Patrick
Forum: London Transport October 6th 06, 05:19 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By Joe Patrick
Waterloo & City Engineering Works

I see the drain is closed again this Saturday - what's going on? I
remember trying to go on it a few weekends after it was reOpened, and
found it closed?

What's going on - couldn't they have done...
Forum: London Transport October 2nd 06, 05:25 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By Joe Patrick
Have you noticed any reduction in School Run Congestion?

Bob wrote:
Intended as a move to reduce congestion caused by the school run - free
travel for young people was introduced. It has had unintended
consequences, see below, but has it had the...
Forum: London Transport August 31st 06, 01:36 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By Joe Patrick
More Oystercard Oddities & TravelSafe officers

I have just returned from another 6 days in London, my first trip
without being overcharged on my Oystercard since I got it in February,
however the trip wasn't entirely without oddities.

I did a...
Forum: London Transport August 19th 06, 10:12 PM
Replies: 29
Posted By Joe Patrick
Compulsory Stops

I seem to remember reading that during certain times, all stops operate
by request, but I can't find such information on TfL's Buses site.

But on my recent visit to London, I was observing buses at...
Forum: London Transport August 15th 06, 04:51 PM
Replies: 42
Posted By Joe Patrick
Not being let off the bus - this cant be correct?

Perhaps a bus with a smaller turning circle than the current buses,
enabling them to move quickly arround the narrow London streets without
causing major blockages to multiple lanes, and in the...
Forum: London Transport August 15th 06, 04:47 PM
Replies: 42
Posted By Joe Patrick
Not being let off the bus - this cant be correct?

It was a bendy. Does anyone know if they can be turned off then or if
the driver was talking through his hat?

I'm more surprised you've found a bus driver that's willing to speak! ;-)
--
The...
Forum: London Transport August 15th 06, 12:01 PM
Replies: 42
Posted By Joe Patrick
Not being let off the bus - this cant be correct?

The driver was right to say he couldn't let you off because those were
the direction he had been given by TfL via his bus company. However, I'm
not sure about disabling the emergency door...
Forum: London Transport August 1st 06, 07:29 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Joe Patrick
Oyster - cheaper, easier, but certaintly not smarter

Hmmm - sounds like some combination of card and equipment problems. As
it has happened before that would make the card the common factor unless
you did the identical journey and used identical...
Forum: London Transport July 31st 06, 07:04 PM
Replies: 24
Posted By Joe Patrick
Soho power problems close Oxforc Circus again

If offices had to turn off all computers and lights when shut, that
would make a massive difference.

Absolutely - standing at the bottom of One Canada Square at 11pm on
Friday night - it's...
Forum: London Transport July 31st 06, 05:28 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Joe Patrick
Oyster - cheaper, easier, but certaintly not smarter

Are you using Pre-Pay or a Travelcard or a combination?

Prepay (with a 16-17 discount)

I am not an expert on the detailed performance of the cards and readers
but did you get any form of...
Forum: London Transport July 31st 06, 12:46 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Joe Patrick
Oyster - cheaper, easier, but certaintly not smarter

This is the second time such incident has happenned recently -
yesterday, I started a journey, touching in at Camden Town and touching
out at Cockfosters, in the usual way (changing at Kings X for...
Forum: London Transport July 5th 06, 06:35 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Joe Patrick
How well do you know London ?

Hey, on the bright side, apparently this is the right kind of rain for
Thames Water, where it lasts all day, giving the ground time to absorb.
Another month like this and maybe we can wash our...
Forum: London Transport June 22nd 06, 06:34 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By Joe Patrick
Oyster PAYG on NR without Touching In

I often travel from London Marylebone to Aylesbury on Chiltern.
When travelling around London, my Oystercard normally gets capped at the
Max (Zone 1-A) fare. I know Oyster is valid...
Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

Forum Jump