Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Ric Euteneuer
Forum: London Transport March 3rd 05, 10:34 AM
Replies: 78
Posted By Ric Euteneuer
Fantasy bus routes

I would introduce a proper circular (ahem) route around Walthamstow,
rather than relying almost solely on longer distance routes to provide
service, particularly off the north south corridor.

For...
Forum: London Transport March 3rd 05, 10:06 AM
Replies: 23
Posted By Ric Euteneuer
What hapend to the visitor passes

I've used LU many times (well, up until they started stalling out between
platforms for hours on end).

Hours on end ? Must be a different Underground system to mine.

That said, trying to...
Forum: London Transport March 1st 05, 09:35 AM
Replies: 23
Posted By Ric Euteneuer
What hapend to the visitor passes

Have you ever tried taking suitcases on the Piccadilly line? As another
poster has said, HEX and taxi is the way to go.

Yes, frequently. They even took out seats on the Picc to allow for
more...
Forum: London Transport February 28th 05, 11:07 AM
Replies: 23
Posted By Ric Euteneuer
What hapend to the visitor passes

I'd much rather take the HE to Paddington and then a cab to the hotel if I had
anything more than a carry-on. Its not that far to the other side of
Hyde/Kensington Park from the train station....
Forum: London Transport September 30th 04, 11:09 AM
Replies: 8
Posted By Ric Euteneuer
Arriva fare information ???

Why can't I find any specific fare information for Arriva buses?

Because they don't post it on the web

I'm interested in the 500, 510 and Greenline 724 buses, but there's
absolutely no...
Forum: London Transport February 12th 04, 11:49 PM
Replies: 14
Posted By Ric Euteneuer
Oyster for out-of-Londoners

How does one get the £3 deposit back ? Sounds like an admin charge to
me. That's one reason I haven't bothered so far (Like Colin, I'm an
out of townie who occasionally comes into London).

You...
Forum: London Transport January 8th 04, 10:12 AM
Replies: 46
Posted By Ric Euteneuer
Do you live above a tube tunnel?

Any student from Queen Mary College from the 80s will possibly recall
the same as myself, that when you were taking exams in the 'Great
Hall', that every 2 minutes or so a tube train would rumble...
Forum: London Transport December 24th 03, 09:50 AM
Replies: 3
Posted By Ric Euteneuer
Bus route question...

Is there a bus route that runs from Tower Hill to Paddington? Is
so, which route (number) is it? How about night buses?

The 15 does I think.

Yup and the N15

See...
Forum: London Transport August 12th 03, 10:22 AM
Replies: 1
Posted By Ric Euteneuer
Connex Whinge

Perhaps, a la Virgin Trains air conditioning - the ticket machines
don't work when it gets hot.

Regular readers may remember (or may not, it wasn't *that* memorable) me
complainign some weeks...
Forum: London Transport July 16th 03, 10:11 AM
Replies: 22
Posted By Ric Euteneuer
Epping-Ongar news?

Out in Huntingdonshire, a similar process is going on with the former
Huntingdon to Cambridge railway trackbed. The consultation is cosmetic
and hilarious inasmuch as the word "bus" is conspicuously...
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Forum Jump