Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: JL
Forum: London Transport May 25th 08, 03:54 PM
Replies: 16
Posted By JL
Kensington Olympia and Arriva Cross Country east of ReadingQueries

On an Any Permitted ticket, you can go via London provided that you get
to Reading via Staines (e.g. Gatwick to London Bridge, W&C line,
Waterloo to Reading).

I'm sure a Not London ticket...
Forum: London Transport February 6th 08, 05:26 PM
Replies: 16
Posted By JL
Watford Junction to London Euston

I was assuming that his/her workplace wasn't at Euston and therefore
would be requiring a travelcard. But the "2265 I think. About another
400 with Z1-6 as well." seems about £100 cheaper. I couldn't...
Forum: London Transport February 6th 08, 03:17 PM
Replies: 22
Posted By JL
Euston - Northern Line (City Branch)

Not if it was the "other way round"!
Forum: London Transport February 6th 08, 03:11 PM
Replies: 16
Posted By JL
Watford Junction to London Euston

You could always go for an annual Z1-6 on an Oyster, plus a Watford
Junction - Harrow and Wealdstone on top, which is £1,784.00 + £956.00
= £2740.00

Ohwait - that's more expensive...

That's my plan...
Forum: London Transport February 6th 08, 02:56 PM
Replies: 22
Posted By JL
Euston - Northern Line (City Branch)

Maybe they should split the Northern into two notionally separate lines,
Northern Bank Line and Northern Charing Cross Line.

That's exactly what TfL want to do.

Quote Wikipedia:

" TfL's...
Forum: London Transport November 22nd 07, 10:14 PM
Replies: 18
Posted By JL
Lies, Damned Lies, Statistics and Claims by Spanish-owned BAA

Stupid Heathrow, building a new Terminal 5 but not having any extra
capacity to operate flights with...

What they should get rid of... are the Absolutely Stupid Short-Haul
flights. Is it really that...
Forum: London Transport November 22nd 07, 10:09 PM
Replies: 39
Posted By JL
I Thought the Buses were Wheelchair Accessible... but prampushersmay not

Here in Birmingham (where all buses have manually operated ramps),
passengers tend to be very centralised in their destinations. Between
my house and the centre (about 30 stops), only about 2 of...
Forum: London Transport November 21st 07, 06:59 PM
Replies: 39
Posted By JL
I Thought the Buses were Wheelchair Accessible...

An elderly man at my local stop carries a screwdriver with him which
he offers to the driver each time to felicitate with folding over the
ramp. The drivers seem to be alot more friendly to him than...
Forum: London Transport September 2nd 07, 10:27 PM
Replies: 37
Posted By JL
Stand on the right - time to get rid of it?

True , but I was thinking of it being a way of clearing out the rush
hour crush at places like kings cross and victoria rather than...
Forum: London Transport September 1st 07, 10:41 PM
Replies: 37
Posted By JL
Stand on the right - time to get rid of it?

I can't help thinking that the escalators would get more people up and
down them in a given time if people could stand on both sides in...
Forum: London Transport July 11th 07, 09:51 PM
Replies: 44
Posted By JL
When do NR tickets include tube travel?

The rules are a lot more complicated than you are trying to make out.
Have a read of the online Routeing Guide and it will make sense.
There is a fares rule, and there is a doubling-back rule,...
Forum: London Transport July 11th 07, 08:30 PM
Replies: 44
Posted By JL
When do NR tickets include tube travel?

On 10 Jul, 23:28, Steve wrote:

That's not the only way! What about changing at Exeter St. Davids?

(or Bristol TM, or Bristol TM and Weymouth, or even Reading and
Forum: London Transport July 9th 07, 11:28 PM
Replies: 44
Posted By JL
When do NR tickets include tube travel?

On 10 Jul, 00:14, Ken wrote:

There is a London Terminals to Brentford fare, route Any P. There is
also a fare route 'Hackney Wick' Work that one out!

Ken

Looks like NRE...
Forum: London Transport July 9th 07, 10:55 PM
Replies: 70
Posted By JL
London Overground Concession Award

On 9 Jul, 23:50, "Jack Taylor" wrote:

Virgin haven't merged the franchises. It's not within their power to do so.
The DfT will decide if and when franchises are merged.

Forum: London Transport July 9th 07, 10:37 PM
Replies: 70
Posted By JL
London Overground Concession Award

Perhaps I spoke to soon. Shouldn't be any surprise that the
consolidation of the rail operating industry into four or so big...
Forum: London Transport July 9th 07, 10:25 PM
Replies: 44
Posted By JL
When do NR tickets include tube travel?

On 9 Jul, 18:52, "Peter Smyth" wrote:

This is rather strange. Qjump shows two CDR fares

CHEAP DAY RETURN ANY PERMITTED 8.00 GBP (5.30 with YP railcard)
CHEAP DAY...
Forum: London Transport July 8th 07, 07:41 PM
Replies: 114
Posted By JL
North London Line goes 4-car in early 2011

On 8 Jul, 19:46, "Nick Pedley"
wrote:
"Paul Scott" wrote in message

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17