Old February 5th 08, 08:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Watford Junction to London Euston

Hi All,

I'm considering moving to Watford, and I just wondered if anyone knew
how much an Annual Season Ticket from Watford Junction to London
Euston is?

Thanks!

Old February 6th 08, 03:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
JL JL is offline

You could always go for an annual Z1-6 on an Oyster, plus a Watford
Junction - Harrow and Wealdstone on top, which is £1,784.00 + £956.00
= £2740.00

Ohwait - that's more expensive...

That's my plan out the window!
Old February 6th 08, 03:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 6 Feb, 16:11, JL wrote:
You could always go for an annual Z1-6 on an Oyster, plus a Watford
Junction - Harrow and Wealdstone on top, which is £1,784.00 + £956.00
= £2740.00

Or you could get one from Watford High Street to London Euston for
GBP1,856, plus GBP240 for Watford Junction to Watford High Street for
a total of GBP2096 - but for your GBP150 saving you'd need to take the
slow Overground trains.

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org

Old February 6th 08, 05:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london
JL JL is offline

I was assuming that his/her workplace wasn't at Euston and therefore
would be requiring a travelcard. But the "2265 I think. About another
400 with Z1-6 as well." seems about £100 cheaper. I couldn't find any
documentation about adding a Z1-6 onto a season ticket though...

Old February 6th 08, 08:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 6 Feb 2008 10:26:57 -0800 (PST),
JL wrote:
I was assuming that his/her workplace wasn't at Euston and therefore
would be requiring a travelcard. But the "2265 I think. About another
400 with Z1-6 as well." seems about £100 cheaper. I couldn't find any
documentation about adding a Z1-6 onto a season ticket though...

I think you have to select travelcard (at least on thetrainline website
- but this is a work branded version and I can't see how to login from
home to check - I can't remember the URL)

But I'm not using a season ticket any more. For me It's much cheaper to
use PAYG, but I pretty much always travel before 7am and after 7pm and,
baring exceptional circumstances, always at least one of those.
233*8.5=1980.5 233*6=1398.

Obviously problems like yesterday's where I arrived at the station, gave
up after about half an hour and came home[1] (cost 1.00) and did some
work from home then went back once the trains were running again
(another 5.50) mess up my calculations a bit.

[1] I gave up at the point that they started "detraining" the virgin
train (May have been more than one). I realized that even when the
trains eventually started running again I wasn't going to be able to get
onto the first few (I had my Brompton with me and that makes it pretty
much impossible to squeeze onto an already packed train)

Tim.

and there was light.

Old February 7th 08, 11:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Feb 6, 9:54 pm, Tim Woodall wrote:
On Wed, 6 Feb 2008 10:26:57 -0800 (PST),
JL wrote: I was assuming that his/her workplace wasn't at Euston and therefore
would be requiring a travelcard. But the "2265 I think. About another
400 with Z1-6 as well." seems about £100 cheaper. I couldn't find any
documentation about adding a Z1-6 onto a season ticket though...

It's 2268 (3404 1st) Watford Junction to London Euston
2604 (3768 1st) including Z1-6

Tim.

Old February 9th 08, 08:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london
No Name

I have to admit that I haven't closely followed the discussions about
Watford Junction, but I understand that you can use PAYG from there, can't
you?

If that is indeed the case, then can you take a fast train between Euston
and Watford Junction, rather than just be restricted to the Overground?

Old February 9th 08, 09:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 09 Feb 2008 09:34:58 GMT,
wrote:
I have to admit that I haven't closely followed the discussions about
Watford Junction, but I understand that you can use PAYG from there, can't
you?

If that is indeed the case, then can you take a fast train between Euston
and Watford Junction, rather than just be restricted to the Overground?

Yes. You can take the fast train on PAYG. But if you do your outbound
journey after 7am and your return journey before 7pm then it's 12GBP/day
and a season ticket is cheaper if you are doing it every (working) day.

Tim.

and there was light.

Old February 9th 08, 10:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 09 Feb 2008 09:34:58 GMT, wrote:

I have to admit that I haven't closely followed the discussions about
Watford Junction, but I understand that you can use PAYG from there, can't
you?

Yes.

If that is indeed the case, then can you take a fast train between Euston
and Watford Junction, rather than just be restricted to the Overground?

Yes (though not any Virgin trains which are not available to any
passengers at all southbound).

Neil

--
Neil Williams