Showing results 1 to 25 of 91
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Peter Beale
Forum: London Transport April 12th 05, 02:57 PM
Replies: 46
Posted By Peter Beale
Rail symbol on tram destination blinds

In article ,
(asdf) wrote:

Interestingly, though unrelated to the original question, some (but
strangely not all) 258s to...
Forum: London Transport January 12th 05, 04:16 PM
Replies: 136
Posted By Peter Beale
Red buses

In article , (Dave Arquati) wrote:

I think this pedantic argument has been done to death on this
newsgroup.

I did acknowledge that I was being...
Forum: London Transport January 12th 05, 10:38 AM
Replies: 136
Posted By Peter Beale
Red buses

In article ,
(Adrian) wrote:

pedant Watford has not been served by Tube services since the
Bakerloo was cut back.
Forum: London Transport January 12th 05, 09:52 AM
Replies: 136
Posted By Peter Beale
Red buses

Watford seems to be a case in point; an urban centre linked closely
to other Greater London urban centres with...
Forum: London Transport January 11th 05, 06:52 PM
Replies: 136
Posted By Peter Beale
Red buses

In article , (Nick)

London heritage??? We have been part of Kent for generations, and
only sucked into the Greater London...
Forum: London Transport January 7th 05, 06:45 AM
Replies: 211
Posted By Peter Beale
'0207 008 0000'

In article , (Terry
Harper) wrote:

Could it be that A/B phones could only be used for local calls?

You could only use them...
Forum: London Transport October 10th 04, 06:45 AM
Replies: 30
Posted By Peter Beale
End of London's Trams

Finally, I did realise when producing this questionnaire that the
people most likely to have...
Forum: London Transport October 10th 04, 06:45 AM
Replies: 30
Posted By Peter Beale
End of London's Trams

Robert I think you are suffering from a bit of newbie-itis, great idea
Forum: London Transport October 4th 04, 10:42 AM
Replies: 34
Posted By Peter Beale
Holborn Viaduct

I would have expected the LCDR to call it Blackfriars originally, in the
way that railway...
Forum: London Transport October 3rd 04, 07:31 PM
Replies: 34
Posted By Peter Beale
Holborn Viaduct

In article , (Richard J.) wrote:

[i]
Wouldn't the 1864 LCDR station have been Blackfriars Bridge? - it
opened on 1st...
Forum: London Transport October 3rd 04, 07:40 AM
Replies: 34
Posted By Peter Beale
Holborn Viaduct

In article , (Mark Brader) wrote:

And the original Blackfriars station was a terminal station on the
south bank of the river.

The line was...
Forum: London Transport September 10th 04, 08:06 PM
Replies: 36
Posted By Peter Beale
Route 73 - New service levels

That reminds me, I saw a convoy of THREE bendy 73s on Essex road
yesterday - it looked like...
Forum: London Transport September 4th 04, 03:18 PM
Replies: 79
Posted By Peter Beale
Sad day for London and farewell to faithful friends

Well, to the general public an RT looks not very different from an RM,
and I guess in 1979 it didn't...
Forum: London Transport August 16th 04, 02:20 PM
Replies: 69
Posted By Peter Beale
High Street Kensington Station

And that perhaps provides an alternative way of answering the OP's
Forum: London Transport August 15th 04, 11:05 PM
Replies: 69
Posted By Peter Beale
High Street Kensington Station

Is it only me who thinks 'High St. Ken' sounds more like the name of a
church...
Forum: London Transport July 9th 04, 07:33 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Peter Beale
Tube History Book

In article , (Richard J.) wrote:

How does one go about getting that?

I suggest you e-mail the publisher at
Forum: London Transport July 9th 04, 07:16 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Peter Beale
Tube History Book

The second edition corrects these, and the publisher is offering
buyers of the first edition a second-edition...
Forum: London Transport July 7th 04, 07:23 AM
Replies: 7
Posted By Peter Beale
How red is a London Bus?

For instance Lonon United, on new deliveries and repaints
are apparently...
Forum: London Transport July 6th 04, 09:15 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Peter Beale
Tube History Book

I used to see a hard back book with a Tube Map showing how it was
every year up to 2003, but...
Forum: London Transport June 17th 04, 03:14 PM
Replies: 63
Posted By Peter Beale
Routemasters in Niagara Falls (was: Bendy bus off course)

In article , (Adrian) wrote:

Better?

:-) I think the "it" could be left out!

--
Peter Beale
Forum: London Transport June 17th 04, 02:52 PM
Replies: 63
Posted By Peter Beale
Routemasters in Niagara Falls (was: Bendy bus off course)

"They" is used as a (slightly awkward) gender-neutral singular,
rather than...
Forum: London Transport June 17th 04, 02:27 PM
Replies: 63
Posted By Peter Beale
Routemasters in Niagara Falls (was: Bendy bus off course)

They were, but they were number series that never got issued before
the annual...
Forum: London Transport June 17th 04, 01:58 PM
Replies: 63
Posted By Peter Beale
Bendy bus off course

Nah, 73s come in bunches of five...
I'm sure they were mostly Routemasters...
Forum: London Transport June 17th 04, 12:06 PM
Replies: 63
Posted By Peter Beale
Routemasters in Niagara Falls (was: Bendy bus off course)

Looking through that raises a question that I've been meaning to ask
for a...
Forum: London Transport June 17th 04, 09:49 AM
Replies: 63
Posted By Peter Beale
Routemasters in Niagara Falls (was: Bendy bus off course)

In article , (Mark Brader) wrote:

http://www.doubledecktours.com/ doesn't say, but that just means
we need to find a fan site... check out these...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 91

Forum Jump