Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Chris Sanderson
Forum: London Transport July 1st 12, 04:55 PM
Replies: 16
Posted By Chris Sanderson
End of A Stock?

On Jul 1, 12:59*am, "
wrote:
Read on Wikipedia that Saturday was the A stock's last day of revenue
service. Can anybody confirm?

According to the...
Forum: London Transport May 28th 12, 06:27 PM
Replies: 55
Posted By Chris Sanderson
BML2/Crossrail Western Extensions.

Whether the existing Euston station would be rebuilt depends entirely
on whether there's a business case to do so - hard to judge without
knowing whether, and in what form, proposed lines...
Forum: London Transport May 26th 12, 09:31 AM
Replies: 55
Posted By Chris Sanderson
BML2/Crossrail Western Extensions.

Let's hope they put it in the right place, about 50% closer to Euston
Road. *And we need a station on the Circle Line, either an enlarged
and connected Euston Square, or a new one.

Again,...
Forum: London Transport May 24th 12, 08:09 PM
Replies: 55
Posted By Chris Sanderson
BML2/Crossrail Western Extensions.

So it is no longer coming down as part of HS2? *That, and the link to
OOC and the GW line to Birmingham were the best parts of HS2. *I was
look forward to a decent looking station closer to...
Forum: London Transport May 22nd 12, 04:31 PM
Replies: 55
Posted By Chris Sanderson
BML2/Crossrail Western Extensions.

*The only explanation that makes sense to me is that the
plan was to build some bunkers, in locations that were accessible
(because of the existing stations), with no particular plan beyond
Forum: London Transport January 25th 12, 06:28 PM
Replies: 64
Posted By Chris Sanderson
Post Office Railway - mothballed?

As far as im aware current plans for Crossrail dont involve breaching
it - there was talk of using it for spoil removal but it was too
expensive.

Chris
Forum: London Transport December 13th 11, 05:57 PM
Replies: 47
Posted By Chris Sanderson
"Heathrow and Gatwick airports: Ministers mull rail link" (twixtthe two)

I had a good laugh when i first heard this suggested, but perhaps
there's another way to look at it....

The BML needs relieving with a lengthy tunnel being suggested,
dedicated services to both...
Forum: London Transport September 15th 11, 01:25 PM
Replies: 13
Posted By Chris Sanderson
Westfield/Leyton

On Sep 14, 5:39*pm, "Mizter T" wrote:
"John Salmon" wrote:
[snip]
The half-hourly 12-car rail shuttles which ran from St. Pancras to
Forum: London Transport July 6th 11, 08:34 PM
Replies: 19
Posted By Chris Sanderson
Scrapping Victoria Line stock?

As far as im aware, it remains the case that ex-Picc stock will be
heading for the Island - with its withdrawal now pushed back, SWT have
stated that the current trains will not be replaced during...
Forum: London Transport April 5th 11, 01:31 AM
Replies: 110
Posted By Chris Sanderson
Massive Disruption at Paddington - Very Badly Handled Yet Again

One person has lost their life, many others will be affected for
months or possibly even years by the experience...but hey, some people
might get home an hour or two late! Oh no! Thats infinately...
Forum: London Transport February 28th 11, 09:18 PM
Replies: 54
Posted By Chris Sanderson
East London Line extension to Highbury & Islington open today

On Feb 28, 5:24*pm, eastender wrote:
I've seen a note somewhere that trains starting at Highbury won't run to
New Cross, only to New Cross Gate and beyond - you have to change...
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

Forum Jump