Showing results 1 to 25 of 68
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Forum: London Transport July 23rd 18, 12:41 PM
Replies: 42
Posted By [email protected]
Goblin latest

It's a foot tunnel. I've never heard of a foot ferry in Woolwich.
Pedestrians are of course allowed on the car ferry.

There used to also be a railway-operated ferry at North Woolwich, the...
Forum: London Transport July 13th 18, 03:29 PM
Replies: 53
Posted By [email protected]
Electric buses at waterloo

Most distribution Voltages in the UK are 10% higher than nice round numbers.. 11 and 33 kV are widely used, 66 kV for some large substations. 22 kV is not much used in the UK, more common on the...
Forum: London Transport May 22nd 18, 06:25 PM
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
Johnston font welcome sign at Gainsborough Lea Road

I was able to buy a copy of the font at an open day at the Museum depot some years ago.
Forum: London Transport March 14th 18, 11:37 AM
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
Early DLR aerial shot

Fairly typical life for a power station; Blyth, Bankside and Didcot ‘A’ lasted a fairy similar time for example. A much longer life, with sometimes several re-equipping during that life, such as...
Forum: London Transport December 18th 17, 09:19 AM
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Gateline Staff Playing Games On Smart Phones

On Sunday, 17 December 2017 23:07:11 UTC, CJB wrote:
Gateline Staff Playing Games On Smart Phones

Uniformed idiot on the gateline at a TfL station on Sunday refused to open the nearest gate...
Forum: London Transport November 23rd 17, 12:23 AM
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Bus frequency

What are the titles of these books please?
Forum: London Transport November 23rd 17, 12:22 AM
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Bus frequency

Paul, many years ago I was told the story of the night buses, I think it may have been at a LURS meeting, probably in the late '80s. It was much as your version, involving the same three groups of...
Forum: London Transport November 23rd 17, 12:02 AM
Replies: 60
Posted By [email protected]
Croydon

FWIW it's called Ludoquist, and has a decent choice of beer, good cheap
pizzas, and of course lots of board games, both modern and traditional.

I work part time just around the corner at the...
Forum: London Transport November 16th 17, 12:26 PM
Replies: 60
Posted By [email protected]
Croydon

Realistically who completes a full supermarket shop in a town centre
these days? An out of town supermarket and a Sainsburys Local (there
is already one near the station) will do better I...
Forum: London Transport November 15th 17, 05:11 PM
Replies: 60
Posted By [email protected]
Croydon

The age doesn't matter, its all down to whether the owners can be...
Forum: London Transport November 15th 17, 04:58 PM
Replies: 60
Posted By [email protected]
Croydon

Bad news for Croydon. The Whitgift Centre has for years been blighted
by...
Forum: London Transport November 15th 17, 08:45 AM
Replies: 60
Posted By [email protected]
Croydon

Bad news for Croydon. The Whitgift Centre has for years been blighted by Westfield's plans. Getting on for half of the shops are closed, with more every time I go there. There's nothing much wrong...
Forum: London Transport August 27th 17, 06:51 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
436 Dance of Death

Was the stop occupied by other bus(es), so (s) he didn't have room to stop there and so had to go round? That happens at Redhill sometimes.
Forum: London Transport July 26th 17, 09:36 PM
Replies: 25
Posted By [email protected]
New report highlghts the important role of smaller stations for passengers

I am getting old, and this week was diagnosed as having type 2 diabetes. I'm pretty sure that I've had it for several years, but couldn't bring myself to go to a doctor. I quite frequently need to...
Forum: London Transport July 20th 17, 01:49 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
Plug sockets on buses

Metrobus route 400 to East Grinstead had USB charging ports on each seat back last week, but the return bus did not.
Forum: London Transport May 27th 17, 07:19 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
60+ London Oyster photocard.

Well, I've had my 60+ card for two weeks now. Has it changed my travel patterns? Have I spent all day riding backwards and forwards between West Drayton and Upminster? No. Other than that first...
Forum: London Transport May 14th 17, 10:21 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
60+ London Oyster photocard.

Today is my birthday. It's a long time since I have looked forward to a birthday, over fifty years, I remember hating birthday parties up to my last one when I was six. When I was seven they...
Forum: London Transport April 7th 17, 01:30 PM
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
Wooden Bus Shelters

Not in London, but served by a TfL route, there's one near Merstham station, North ound.
Forum: London Transport April 4th 17, 06:43 PM
Replies: 80
Posted By [email protected]
Top three transport things to do

Shouldn't a funicular railway have two cars that (approximately) balance
each other, one going up while the other descends?

Not always, the one at Southend has a single...
Forum: London Transport March 18th 17, 07:37 AM
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Multiple Spellings

Selsdon Selsden?
Forum: London Transport January 26th 17, 12:46 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Station developments

Is this the entrance by the building with the long drooping 'nose', where Microsoft are, or at least were a few years ago when I last visited them?
Forum: London Transport October 18th 16, 08:02 AM
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Here's something you probably didn't know

I can't get through to that link at the moment, terrible Internet access in the hotel, but it sounds like you're talking about the remains of the tunnelling shield abandoned at the end of the tunnel...
Forum: London Transport October 7th 16, 06:30 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
West Croydon Bus Station

Opening tomorrow (Saturday).

The re-building was due to take 18 months. I don''t know if that is how long it has actually taken, because I can't remember when it closed.

Why did it take so long to...
Forum: London Transport May 20th 16, 06:44 AM
Replies: 36
Posted By [email protected]
Lea Bridge station opening 15th May 2016

'Lea Bridge' is not a new name; it was renamed to this many years before it closed.
Forum: London Transport May 8th 16, 03:09 PM
Replies: 56
Posted By [email protected]
Converting Railways To Roads

A short section at Newport IOW.