Old May 11th 10, 03:12 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
SB SB is offline

Default Stopping Getting Tail-Gated on Underground / NR

How is it possible to stop getting tail-gated by dishonest commuters,
down and outs, and other opportunists? Usually I hesitate just after
passing through the gates of a gateline. But invariably some oik -
usually male - rushes past the open gates pretending to use the Oyster
scan - and then deliberately pushes into me or pushes me out of the
way. Once I stopped esrly and caught one and he got trapped in the
gates - I walked off. He had to be released by the staff. But usually
the gateline staff don't do anything even when the attempt is so
obvious. But it pi$$es me off - why should I give a free ride to
someone who can't be ar$ed to buy a ticket. Rush hour at major
stations are the worst time. SB

Old May 11th 10, 03:42 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On May 11, 4:12*pm, SB wrote:
How is it possible to stop getting tail-gated by dishonest commuters,
down and outs, and other opportunists? Usually I hesitate just after
passing through the gates of a gateline. But invariably some oik -
usually male - rushes past the open gates pretending to use the Oyster
scan - and then deliberately pushes into me or pushes me out of the
way. Once I stopped esrly and caught one and he got trapped in the
gates - I walked off. He had to be released by the staff. But usually
the gateline staff don't do anything even when the attempt is so
obvious. But it pi$$es me off - why should I give a free ride to
someone who can't be ar$ed to buy a ticket. Rush hour at major
stations are the worst time. SB

Throw them to the ground!
Old May 11th 10, 03:58 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

SB wrote:

How is it possible to stop getting tail-gated by dishonest commuters,
down and outs, and other opportunists? Usually I hesitate just after
passing through the gates of a gateline. But invariably some oik -
usually male - rushes past the open gates pretending to use the Oyster
scan - and then deliberately pushes into me or pushes me out of the
way. Once I stopped esrly and caught one and he got trapped in the
gates - I walked off. He had to be released by the staff. But usually
the gateline staff don't do anything even when the attempt is so
obvious. But it pi$$es me off - why should I give a free ride to
someone who can't be ar$ed to buy a ticket. Rush hour at major
stations are the worst time. SB

Citizen's Arrest?
--
http://gallery120232.fotopic.net/p13857154.html
(33 102 at Poole, May 1985)
Old May 11th 10, 04:09 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

SB wrote:
How is it possible to stop getting tail-gated by dishonest commuters,
down and outs, and other opportunists? Usually I hesitate just after
passing through the gates of a gateline. But invariably some oik -
usually male - rushes past the open gates pretending to use the Oyster
scan - and then deliberately pushes into me or pushes me out of the
way. Once I stopped esrly and caught one and he got trapped in the
gates - I walked off. He had to be released by the staff. But usually
the gateline staff don't do anything even when the attempt is so
obvious. But it pi$$es me off - why should I give a free ride to
someone who can't be ar$ed to buy a ticket. Rush hour at major
stations are the worst time. SB

A gun usually works. Then tell the police that you thought he was a
terrorist. It usually works.
--
Visit my website: British Railways in 1960
http://www.britishrailways1960.co.uk

Old May 11th 10, 04:54 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On May 11, 5:09*pm, "Brian Robertson" wrote:
SB wrote:
[...]

When working on the gate line one of my colleagues stopped a young man
with a perfectly placed knee in the nuts. I also remember being told
of someone who decided to climb over the gates. Unfortunately (for
him) he lost his footing, slipped, and his jaw landed squarely on a
Metro paper stand, ripping his chin open. Shame.

Old May 11th 10, 04:59 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Tue, 11 May 2010, SB wrote:

How is it possible to stop getting tail-gated by dishonest commuters,
down and outs, and other opportunists?

Claymore mine strapped to back.

tom

--
I now have a problem with tomorrow. -- Graham
Old May 11th 10, 05:43 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

In uk.railway Tom Anderson twisted the electrons to say:
On Tue, 11 May 2010, SB wrote:
How is it possible to stop getting tail-gated by dishonest commuters,
down and outs, and other opportunists?

Claymore mine strapped to back.

Incredibly bad personal hygiene?
Old May 11th 10, 06:12 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 11 May, 17:09, "Brian Robertson" wrote:
A gun usually works. Then tell the police that you thought he was a
terrorist. It usually works.

Or better still a Brazilian electrician.

--
gordon
Old May 11th 10, 08:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On Tue, 11 May 2010 20:56:15 +0200, "Willms"
wrote:

Lambada only happens with ticket barriers. Get rid of the barriers,
and there will no more Lambada.

or revenue.
Old May 11th 10, 09:50 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"SB" wrote in message
How is it possible to stop getting tail-gated by dishonest commuters,
down and outs, and other opportunists? Usually I hesitate just after
passing through the gates of a gateline. But invariably some oik -
usually male - rushes past the open gates pretending to use the Oyster
scan - and then deliberately pushes into me or pushes me out of the
way. Once I stopped esrly and caught one and he got trapped in the
gates - I walked off. He had to be released by the staff. But usually
the gateline staff don't do anything even when the attempt is so
obvious. But it pi$$es me off - why should I give a free ride to
someone who can't be ar$ed to buy a ticket. Rush hour at major
stations are the worst time. SB

Although I heard this when a crush of people were getting on a train at
Mansion House one evening, it could still work. You just say in a loud voice
"Are you trying to bugger me?"

MaxB