Old December 13th 10, 01:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Christmas Travel Information

On Dec 13, 12:58*pm, Paul wrote:
On Dec 13, 12:35*pm, wrote:

On Mon, 13 Dec 2010 11:52:22 +0000

Roland Perry wrote:
It's not just the maintenance costs which have to be met from revenue,
there's a huge wodge of the build cost that the county promised would
not have to be met by taxpayers.

Theres nothing quite like a local council vanity project to really waste
taxpayers money. How the hell did it ever get approval from the DoT?

B2003

Of course, anything that is put into the journey planner could be out
of date, given that the brothers have now decided to throw a hissy fit
and go on strike on Boxing Day. I bet they are disappointed that there
is no service on Christmas Day, which means that they can't threaten
to go on strike then.

*http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-11984051

And of course Comrade Crow and his friends want to do a bit of
Christmas shopping this weekend

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...isation-row.do

Old December 13th 10, 02:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Paul" wrote in message

Year travel information into the journey planner, i have just tried
to look up journey on Boxing Day, and it says that information will
be available "..mid December...". i would have thought that 13th
December counts as "mid December".

Well ASLEF have just voted to strike on Boxing Day, if that helps!

MaxB

Old December 13th 10, 03:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 13 Dec 2010 15:09:45 -0000
"MaxB" wrote:
"Paul" wrote in message

Year travel information into the journey planner, i have just tried
to look up journey on Boxing Day, and it says that information will
be available "..mid December...". i would have thought that 13th
December counts as "mid December".

Well ASLEF have just voted to strike on Boxing Day, if that helps!

Are Aslef and the RMT both going for the ******s of The Year prize this year?

B2003

Old December 13th 10, 05:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"MaxB" wrote:

"Paul" *wrote in message:

Year travel information into the journey planner, *i have just tried
to look up *journey on Boxing Day, and it says that information will
be available "..mid December...". *i would have thought that 13th
December counts as "mid December".

Well ASLEF have just voted to strike on Boxing Day, if that helps!

Are Aslef and the RMT both going for the ******s of The Year prize this year?

What deep insight you provide us with Boltar!
Old December 14th 10, 08:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 13 Dec 2010 10:27:19 -0800 (PST)
Mizter T wrote:
Are Aslef and the RMT both going for the ******s of The Year prize this y=

ear?

What deep insight you provide us with Boltar!

What deep arguments the unions come up with for striking.

"We don't wanna work boxing day this year, pay us more or we strike"

There needs to be a change in the law. If you refuse to work as per your
contract then you're dismissed immediately. End of. Any anyone who strikes
in support of someone who is dismissed because of this not only loses their
job but are fined 50% of all their collateral and savings including their house.

B2003

Old December 14th 10, 08:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 13 Dec 2010 12:47:42 -0600
wrote:
think guided bus is high quality public transport on the cheap. My
spilling chukka understands what DfT means.

Wish I knew what spilling chukka meant.

B2003

Old December 14th 10, 09:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Mizter T wrote:
Are Aslef and the RMT both going for the ******s of The Year prize this y=

ear?

What deep insight you provide us with Boltar!

What deep arguments the unions come up with for striking.

"We don't wanna work boxing day this year, pay us more or we strike"

There needs to be a change in the law. If you refuse to work as per your
contract then you're dismissed immediately. End of. Any anyone who strikes
in support of someone who is dismissed because of this not only loses their
job but are fined 50% of all their collateral and savings including their house.

B2003

Indeed. Regarding the proposed strikes on the Bakerloo and Northern
lines this weekend, only a minority of those eligible to vote voted in
favour of the strike, but Comrade Crow still went ahead and called the
strike.

If the strike does go ahead, I wonder what those drivers will actually
do during the day. I hope none require any hospital treatment. Imagine
what would happen if the doctor in A&E refused to work unless they
were paid triple time plus a day off in lieu.

London Underground is (alledgedly) an organisation.that provides a
service to the public. It might help if the drivers recognised this
just once in a while.
Old December 14th 10, 09:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , wrote:
On Mon, 13 Dec 2010 10:27:19 -0800 (PST)
"We don't wanna work boxing day this year, pay us more or we strike"

Except, somewhat ironically, they presumably won't actually get paid
for Boxing Day since they won't be working, thus rendering the rate at
which they're not being paid rather academic.

I mean, what happens if management accedes to their demands following
the strike? Then the rate at which they are not being paid will be
increased to the rate the union is demanding -- what will that
achieve?

-roy
Old December 14th 10, 09:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 14 Dec 2010 02:19:57 -0800 (PST)
Paul wrote:
lines this weekend, only a minority of those eligible to vote voted in
favour of the strike, but Comrade Crow still went ahead and called the
strike.

Figures.

service to the public. It might help if the drivers recognised this
just once in a while.

Personally I think the RMT and Aslef need to be broken like the NUM was in the
80s. The pain it would cause while it was happening would be worth it in the
long run because its almost a dead cert that Brother Crow will make up some
excuse to call a strike just before or during the olympics and blackmail LU
into better conditions and/or more money.

B2003