Old April 13th 12, 07:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Circle restored

On 12/04/2012 16:19, Richard J. wrote:

LU reverted to the old-style Circle on Tuesday evening this week (10
April) after an earlier signalling failure at Baker Street which
resulted in the northern side of the Circle being closed. The resumption
of service in the evening consisted only of an (old-style) Circle Line
service, plus a shuttle service between Hammersmith and Edgware Road.

Quite why LU decided to recover from the suspension by operating a
completely different service from normal is a mystery. The result was
predictably a shambles. I saw two successive westbound trains held up
for 10 minutes while a driver was found. At one point there were 4
drivers and a manager on the platform, while we waited for a 5th driver
to arrive who could actually take the train forward.

I think I was on the first eastbound train out of Paddington at about
21:20 that evening which claimed to be only for Edgware Road but then
immediately changed into a Circle Line. Great I thought until arrival
at Edgware Road where we managed to pause for over 5 minutes waiting for
a relief driver...

Old April 13th 12, 10:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , (Someone
Somewhere) wrote:

[...]

My observations (more than once for reasons I won't bore people with) on
Monday were that they were waiting for 5 minutes on every train. None of
mine changed drivers.

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old April 13th 12, 10:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
Someone Somewhere wrote:

I think I was on the first eastbound train out of Paddington at about
21:20 that evening which claimed to be only for Edgware Road but then
immediately changed into a Circle Line. Great I thought until arrival
at Edgware Road where we managed to pause for over 5 minutes waiting for
a relief driver...

So it really was back to the authentic Circle line then !

Nick