Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 6th 08, 08:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Boris's New Routemaster competition

In message , Neil Williams
writes
On Sun, 6 Jul 2008 15:25:12 +0100, Mike Hughes
wrote:

Boris has promised to double the number of officers employed on specific
enforcement from 34 to 68. I doubt if that will be enough but it is a
start.

Why can the general police not make some progress in enforcing this?
After all, a crime is, in my understanding, being committed.

That's a question that many people, nit just those in the taxi trade,
have asked. The main problem appears to be that of having the
'political' will to do something as to take someone to court requires
time and money. That money has increased since introduction of PACE
(Police and Criminal Evidence Act) as introduced (IMO)

--
Mike Hughes
at home in Tarring, West Sussex, England