Old November 19th 03, 12:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london
rob rob is offline

Default The UK march agaimst Bush

"kedron" wrote in message

In
rob wrote:

Maybe you should read today's Guardian! Oops!!!

Maybe you should too.

There is only one question in the Guardian poll pertinent to the
statistics I was roughly summarising, and it confirms the view that
the country is split down the middle.

Polls aren't for amateurs either. Oops!!!

--
kedron

I guess Polls are not for amateurs because clearly you are unable to read
the results that show that 43% welcome the visit of Bush; 36% would prefer
him not to come and a significant 21% did not know/had no views. This
latter figure alone suggests there are rather less "antis" than some people
here would wish. Maybe apathetic folk but certainly not strong "antis".
The Poll also reports that 47% consider the war justified; 41% unjustified
and 12% did not know/have no views.
Given that the topic is about the demonstration against Bush, these are
pertinent. I would hardly regard these figures as supporting your "split
down the middle" assertion. methinks wishful thinking on your part.
Yes I am backing out because, quite frankly, this is all getting rather
boring, and way off this group. Sorry if that offends your sensitivities.

Robert Griffith