Old December 14th 09, 08:02 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Travel beyond your Travelcard's validity - update

As the original thread drifted, this is just to let you know that the
original plan didn't work!

Bear in mind this is pre 02/01/10.

Mrs. F. was told by the clerk at Balham that she couldn't extend her z1-3
monthly Travelcard to zone 5, unless it was for NR only. She ended up buying
a one-day z2-6 Travelcard as we needed to also use buses in Twickenham.

I'm sure he was wrong, but couldn't be bothered to argue!

Ian

Old December 14th 09, 10:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

--

You need to explain better. I can't understand anything from what
ticket was held, to where she was going, using what ...
Old December 14th 09, 01:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 14 Dec, 09:02, "Ian F." wrote:
As the original thread drifted, this is just to let you know that the
original plan didn't work!

Bear in mind this is pre 02/01/10.

Mrs. F. was told by the clerk at Balham that she couldn't extend her z1-3
monthly Travelcard to zone 5, unless it was for NR only. She ended up buying
a one-day z2-6 Travelcard as we needed to also use buses in Twickenham.

I'm sure he was wrong, but couldn't be bothered to argue!

Ian

--

I think you have got yourself confused. An extension ticket would be
for one journey only. So if the exstension is to the underground then

You say you also needed to use the buses around Twickenham but your
travel card would already be valid for that. Any travel card is valid
for travel anywhere in London on the buses regardless of the Zones it
is issued for.

So if you wanted an extension to Twickenham then a paper one would
have been sufficient.
Old December 15th 09, 04:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message

As MIG said we need more detail about what was being attempted here. You
can't extend from Zone 3 to Zone 5 for a day. You can extend for
specific rail journeys. More detail will allow a more accurate response
to be given.

It's OK - I'm now pretty sure I was wrong. She holds a z1-3 monthly
Travelcard and was trying to extend it to z5 to cover trains to/from
Twickenham.

I would also make the point that any travelcard regardless of zones
purchased gives you the entire TfL bus network so the Z123 Travelcard
already covered the buses in Twickenham without extra charge. You can
sample the delights of Epsom, Redhill, Watford, Debden, Lakeside and
Dorking by TfL bus if you wish.

I didn't realise that. Never mind - I'll know for next time.

Thanks to everyone who replied.

Ian